track video.....traction sucks - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
track video.....traction sucks
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 8:15 PM
well went to the track today for first time since the rebuild and found out that traction is the biggest problem due to the power im puttin down , wheelhop'd every run and couldnt break faster than a 13.901@103.5 mph with a 2.17 60' which was a improvment from last years 14.1 but still not what i was looking for but im gonna order a nitrous bottle warmer for my 35 shot and some good street tires or radials tomorrow maybe and that should help me.

windows media wouldnt let me edit the videos for some reason so theyre big in size. right click and save target as...

me vs. 05 gt

http://jmillerweb.com/video/track.mpg

me vs. 95ish cobra

http://jmillerweb.com/video/track2.mpg

Re: track video.....traction sucks
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 8:34 PM
nice time!

who ended up winning the mustang races? i couldn't really tell.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 8:36 PM
well i owned the cobra and the green stang ran a 13.1 with a intake on it, i also raced a blue 05 stang gt and owned it twice in a row, man that guy was pissed.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 8:38 PM
haha good work!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:06 PM
dont you love makin the RWD jerks look bad??

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:55 PM
bushing will help w/ the wheel hop to, nice times i cant wait to see them drop after you can get traction.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:55 PM
You running the stock tires that came with those wheels?

Get some drag radials, put some control arm bushings in, and dust yourself off and try again.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:09 PM
Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:13 AM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:how much difference do ca bushings really make?

I think they make a big difference. But I did it the same tiem i did a lot of other mods. I did the CA bushings, tranny bushings, lower engien mount bushing, new clutch, and flywheel. But, I can tell you that I don't get any wheel hop, at all. But i may just not be making enought power. When i slipped the tires, they just spinned, but i did not get wheel hop. With the new ca bushings (polyurethane) it stiffins up the control arm a lot. it made it hard to pivot it downwards, just to re-attach my steering knuckle. My friend had to use his whole body to pull it down, and he's like 220 lbs. Some of that is just initial install, i'm sure it works its way in there and becomes easier a little. that's just my 2 cents.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:05 AM
Nice man. Congrats on the times.. At least your in the 13's.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:14 AM
Wow, you just made me so excited for mine! Looks awesome and nice times, with some drag radials you probably will get into the mid 13s all day.

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:47 PM
13's? Damn, what kinda setup are you running if you don't mind me asking? Not tht i'll ever be able to afford to get into the 13's..lol

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!
Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:56 PM
So what pulley were you running, and do you ave alcohol injection? Also did you spray at all on that run? Let me know what radials you go with and how they turn out, I am not sure which ones to get.

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
Friday, April 07, 2006 9:20 AM
im actually using the stock pulley and getting 6 psi outta it, 35 shot of nitrous injection, which gives me cooling and alittle umph down the track i hit the spray at 40mph while the powerband starts and its insane from there on, any sooner and i spin my ass off. i just ordered this tire today, http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&source=S13674x009-tr_indiv&code=yes&tireModel=ECSTA+MX&keyword=Kumho+ECSTA+MX+Tires& kumho mx ku15's, clsest thing to a drag radial you can get w/o being a full drag radial.

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:43 AM
Very nice... but like everyone said... some CA bushings, some new tires, and maybe even the smaller pully and you'll be flying down the track! Do you have any lower front or rear sway bars? Those will also provide a little bit of stiffness... goodluck and keep us updated on new times!

Monday, April 10, 2006 10:30 AM
Very nice times man...did you get any runs without the laughy gas?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search