what's new with J TO ENVY - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what's new with J TO ENVY
Sunday, April 02, 2006 11:21 PM
I finally got around to getting some updated pictures of my engine compartment, interior and exterior yesterday at the Peoria meet...

I finally got the coolant and brake fluid reservoirs painted black. I also decided to remove the braided stainless steel main hose covers because they were starting to look really crappy and there was just too much silver in the engine compartment. I decided to leave the silver end covers on all the main factory hoses though. I was unsure of how they would look, but I think they actually look really good. They dress the hoses up nicely without being too noticeable.

I don't have any pictures of the brakes up yet, but after I got the new rotors and all installed back in January, I realized just how much of a difference there was between the color of the car and the color of the powder coating on the calipers and drums (the powder coating was supposed to match the color of the car, instead it was grey) . I am a perfectionist when it comes to my car, so I decided the best, and easiest, thing to do was just paint them black. They look so much better now. They will eventually be powder coated again, just not at the same place .

I got a shortened shifter from 97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™). It's shortened 2". I decided to put the factory leather wrapped shift knob back in since the billet one sat way too low . I am very happy with it. I love how much nicer the shifter looks now being shortened and having the boot around it.

I also finally got around to shortening the antenna. I hated how far it stuck up and I didn't like the looks of any of the aftermarket shortened antennas I had seen. I cut it down 15" with a hacksaw and then used 3M Emblem & Trim Adhesive to re-attach the little ball on the end. It looks so much nicer now.

*** This is the last time you will see pictures of my car with the huge "fart can" mufflers. They are being sold in a couple weeks and will be replaced with dual Vibrant Performance Street Power dual 3" angle cut tip oval bodided mufflers. I am tired of the look and sound of them. I am trying to keep the car subtle looking and there's nothing subtle about those mufflers . ***

Just a reminder, there are many more pictures from the past and present on my Car Domain site . Please feel free to leave your comments, good or bad. Thanks for looking .

Re: what's new with J TO ENVY
Sunday, April 02, 2006 11:30 PM
looks real nice! i absolutely love the engine bay

Sunday, April 02, 2006 11:36 PM
I absolutely love your car!!

Only thing I would change would be the silver wipers, and some wheels!

Cleanest(detailing) Sunfire on JBO by far! Those pics dont even show how well you can clean cars!

Sunday, April 02, 2006 11:37 PM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:looks real nice! i absolutely love the engine bay

Thank you so much! I am definitely very proud of the engine compartment. It is the area that gets the most praise. I believe it was determined yesterday at the Peoria, Illinois Meet that I had the cleanest engine compartment, even though by my standards it was dirty . Thanks again .

Sunday, April 02, 2006 11:51 PM
Jay wrote:I absolutely love your car!!

Cleanest(detailing) Sunfire on JBO by far! Those pics dont even show how well you can clean cars!

Thanks so much Jay! I have actually been contemplating getting the wipers painted black, especially since I plan on doing like you and getting the mirrors, handles and pillars all painted. I don't want to overdo the silver. I will probably hold off for a while though so I can get the damn spoiler removed at the same time.

As far as wheels, 18" hyper silver T.S.W. Vortexes will be added some time in the distant future.

For now I am happy with the factory wheels though. They show off the brakes nicely and all. I want to get the car re-lowered first before I do anything else major.

As far as the cleaning is concerned, I am a perfectionist, especially when it comes to my car. I want to have this car for as long possible and I want to keep it looking good as long as possible. I didn't even have a chance to wipe down the underbody or clean the engine . That's what happens though when you spend six hours taking apart the interior to shampoo every inch of fabric . Apparently it was clean to everyone else though, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much !

Thanks again . It means a ton coming from someone like you . I <3 you Jay and your stack of wieners !

By the way, if you talk to April any time soon, tell her I said it was nice to see her and talk to her again. I felt bad 'cause I didn't get a chance to say bye to her before she left .

Monday, April 03, 2006 12:20 AM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:looks real nice! i absolutely love the engine bay

Monday, April 03, 2006 12:51 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:
Jay wrote:I absolutely love your car!!

Thanks so much Jay! I have actually been contemplating getting the wipers painted black, especially since I plan on doing like you and getting the mirrors, handles and pillars all painted. I don't want to overdo the silver. I will probably hold off for a while though so I can get the damn spoiler removed at the same time.

As far as wheels, 18" hyper silver T.S.W. Vortexes will be added some time in the distant future.

For now I am happy with the factory wheels though. They show off the brakes nicely and all. I want to get the car re-lowered first before I do anything else major.

As far as the cleaning is concerned, I am a perfectionist, especially when it comes to my car. I want to have this car for as long possible and I want to keep it looking good as long as possible. I didn't even have a chance to wipe down the underbody or clean the engine . That's what happens though when you spend six hours taking apart the interior to shampoo every inch of fabric . Apparently it was clean to everyone else though, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much !

Thanks again . It means a ton coming from someone like you . I <3 you Jay and your stack of wieners !

By the way, if you talk to April any time soon, tell her I said it was nice to see her and talk to her again. I felt bad 'cause I didn't get a chance to say bye to her before she left .

def get the rims the engine bay is sweet the only thing i would change would be to polish the eco cover

Monday, April 03, 2006 6:51 AM
dirty elf wrote:

Thank you very much!

LarryMartin830 wrote:def get the rims the engine bay is sweet the only thing i would change would be to polish the eco cover

I will definitely be getting those wheels, but like I said, unfortunately it won't be for a while yet .

As far as the valve cover goes, it will eventually be getting powder coated to match the color of the car. It seems to me that everyone with an ECOTEC has their valve cover polished so I would like mine to stand out a little . Thanks for the kind words on the engine bay ! I really appreciate it everyone .

Monday, April 03, 2006 9:30 AM
do the cam cover black and paint the coil cover silver

shame on you !!! make a post and not send me a link to it

Monday, April 03, 2006 9:40 AM
very clean

Monday, April 03, 2006 10:04 AM
Very nice Sunfire . You know I love it!

Wish I could take care of mine as well as you seem to yours , not enough love for her I guess!

Monday, April 03, 2006 11:11 AM
[quote= 97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]do the cam cover black and paint the coil cover silver

shame on you !!! make a post and not send me a link to it
Nah . The valve cover is going to be the same color as the car and the coil cover will stay black. I will be getting one of those nice billet ECOTEC badges from Blue Cav Customs though .

I know, I know. I kept meaning to send you the link and I kept forgetting because I was trying to do twelve things at once .

Phlatcav wrote:very clean

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I am going for.

Joe Schulte wrote:Very nice Sunfire . You know I love it!

Wish I could take care of mine as well as you seem to yours , not enough love for her I guess!

Thanks a lot Joe ! I just want to make sure that it continues looking good for a long time to come.

Monday, April 03, 2006 4:59 PM
hey j looking good, man i miss ya, hit me up on IM
later

Monday, April 03, 2006 5:12 PM
did cutting the antenna affect reception?

I'm the new cancer.
Monday, April 03, 2006 5:19 PM
^ it does yes

Monday, April 03, 2006 5:25 PM
thanks

Car looks great, almost brand new

I'm the new cancer.
Monday, April 03, 2006 5:43 PM
Looks good, but it will look even better when you do something with that valve cover. The mufflers don't look too bad.

[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]do the cam cover black and paint the coil cover silver

Just to give you an idea what it'd look like.

Monday, April 03, 2006 5:51 PM
so you paint the coolant reservoir black, how do you know if its full?
so you paint the brake fluid reservoir black, how do you if its full?

just some questions

Go Premium, it builds character!

Monday, April 03, 2006 6:16 PM
howe0822 wrote:so you paint the coolant reservoir black, how do you know if its full?

just some questions

You look inside of it? Just a thought.

Monday, April 03, 2006 6:34 PM
Rollynlow wrote:hey j looking good, man i miss ya, hit me up on IM
later

Thanks a lot Kris! Awww... I feel so loved . I don't get on AIM much any more.

How's things going with your Cav?

Alexis wrote:did cutting the antenna affect reception?

I never listen to the radio, but just as dirty elf said, I'm sure it does.
Alexis wrote:Car looks great, almost brand new

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I'm going for is keeping it as new as possible.

teh Sunfires... (Tom) wrote:Looks good, but it will look even better when you do something with that valve cover. The mufflers don't look too bad.

Thank you! I may try to polish the valve cover or something until I get it powder coated, so it looks at least halfway decent.

I am just tired of the round mufflers with huge tips. I want something that's oval and looks more stock. Plus I want to add a resonator.

howe0822 wrote:so you paint the coolant reservoir black, how do you know if its full?

just some questions
Jay wrote:You look inside of it? Just a thought.

Exactly what I was going to say .

Monday, April 03, 2006 7:02 PM
dont know what to say other than what everone else has said. absolutly beautiful car.

Monday, April 03, 2006 7:34 PM
just wanted to know if you had a back up, the only problem is with the coolant reservoir (correct me if I'm wrong) but don't u fill it up, than it drains in to the main part of the reservoir, and then you fill it again if you need to, I dunno, I never really filled mine up. So I don't really have a clue, just curious.

Go Premium, it builds character!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:20 AM
chris brophy wrote:dont know what to say other than what everone else has said. absolutly beautiful car.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it !

howe0822 wrote:just wanted to know if you had a back up, the only problem is with the coolant reservoir (correct me if I'm wrong) but don't u fill it up, than it drains in to the main part of the reservoir, and then you fill it again if you need to, I dunno, I never really filled mine up. So I don't really have a clue, just curious.

Trust me, it's very obvious if you take the cap off and look whether or not the fluid is low .

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 5:44 PM
Lookin great as usual. I love the fact that you can make a car look that good and still leave the stock look, too. I just love the GT look. I'm thinking of doing a front end swap with a GT front bumber. I love that front end. Anyways...your car looks great and as always it's like the cleanest '02 in existance.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:43 PM
Looks great!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search