dont kno wat to do - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dont kno wat to do
Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:16 PM
i have my 02 cavy that needs only a new clutch and 600 bucks in body work... thats not my fault its how i bought it the guy had no idea wat he was doing and tried molding every thing a @!#$ but i am asking u guys if it is worth it to put 1000 bucks in to the car... it has 45 thousand miles and it was totaled.. i got it for 4 grand but it had the blitz kit and cf hood on it and the frame and every thing was fixed... here are a few pics of wat the whole thing looks like and no the wing is not put on its just up there cuz it was in the way

mind u i have no idea how to do the body work or the skills to do it or i would but i am puting the clutch in its 400 for the parts
thanx to any one who helps

and sry if this is the wrong forum but i see more comments from this forum

Re: dont kno wat to do
Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:23 PM
sure fix it great project to learn on

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:34 PM
damn, if the frame was at all tampered with, thats pretty risky. Even if its been "fixed" I had a friend with a twisted unibody, and it had issues with handling and breaking.

Think of it this way, you bought it for 4grand and you're putting a grand into it, so really you bought it for 5. If you're happy with purchasing a cavalier for 5 grand, then so be it. Mind you the CF hood and kit alone pays for the for the clutch and body work, since you would buy a 45k cavalier for 4grand. Confuse you yet? lol I still think with the frame being twisted I would have stayed away from it IMO.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:52 PM
the frame wasn't twisted it was just pushed in a lil bit like that blue ace guys car but it was pulled out the right way other than that every thing else is good.. but yeah i do think it is worth it but i need some one elses point of view and it is a good project car in the long run cuz it is and 02 of all things.. thnx to u guys who helped sway my vote
Saturday, March 25, 2006 7:15 PM
Nothing personal, but I'd bet my Sunfire that the frame wasn't twisted, as our cars don't have one

Seeing as how you paid 4K for it, fix it. Do the work yourself and learn from it as said above. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, b/c you can always fix them. And when you finish it--just the way you like it--you'll love the car all the more.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:30 PM
i kno it doenst have a frame but yeah im going to try my hardest and ill keep u guys and girls up dated.. thnx
Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:50 PM
well... you'll never get your way back to even more then likely anyway, so be like the rest of us and dig a bigger whole!

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:18 PM
Quote:

be like the rest of us and dig a bigger whole!

right on!

Check out my build thread!

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:33 PM
and i got another question ... im planing on making it an every day driver.. and i dont kno if i should spend the money and go with a good metallic paint or a regular cheaper paint... i mean i am going to have it nice and shiny but like the one color i want is 60 bucks a quart... so should i spend the money or no
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search