Big time Progress. LOTS of pics! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Big time Progress. LOTS of pics!
Thursday, March 23, 2006 3:04 PM
Well my car is at the body shop getting ready for paint tomorrow. I'll get it back on Sunday. My body kit is STILL being processed at Krazy Kustomz ... Silly slow-pokes. I am also redoing my doors. The cloth is being re-wrapped in black vynal, and they look sweet. I'm going to sand down the doors tonight, and paint them tomorrow after work. Anyways .. PICS!

Yes ... Its and ice cream scoop ...

I can't wait to get my kit, that will be painted as soon as it arrives at the shop, so LETS GO Kustomz! Thanks for looking guys! More pics Sunday night.

Re: Big time Progress. LOTS of pics!
Thursday, March 23, 2006 3:14 PM
Not bad...

Thursday, March 23, 2006 3:32 PM
ill comment anyways even tho im talking to you right now, cuz i know ill hear it if i dont But i cant wait to see it when its 100% finished!!!!!

Thursday, March 23, 2006 3:33 PM
Good girl, do as your told. lol I'll have to go down to Manch and show you in person!

Friday, March 24, 2006 3:11 PM
I swung by the shop after work and saw how awesome the paint is coming along. I got there just as he was starting the 3rd layer of clear. Some of the shots are pretty fuzzy, they were taken through the door into the booth.

Friday, March 24, 2006 3:44 PM
paint looks great. how come they're painting your stock bumpers if you're getting a kit? is it just so your car is all one color until your kit arrives?

Friday, March 24, 2006 4:04 PM
^^ might be, probly easier for them to paint bumpers then tape it off and not.. Not much cost difference probly.. but ya i dont' understand why a whole new paint job. i would wait till i got the kit. fitted it then sprayed it

but either way awesome.

Friday, March 24, 2006 4:43 PM
That way the paint matches for the winter, and the bumpers were all ding'ed up from plowing through snow banks at the end of my driveway during the winters. Thx for the comments guys.

Friday, March 24, 2006 4:48 PM
those fenders baby jesus cry

Looks nice and white
Friday, March 24, 2006 7:38 PM
i know.. bad fender choice.. espically on a sedan

but paint looks sweet

Friday, March 24, 2006 9:12 PM
im just gonna point a couple things i dont like out first lol....he did a sloppy job, why leave the headlights corner lights an mirrors on when painting? shoulda taken them all off, i hate when cars get paint jobs an they leave things that should be taken off, on the car...especially easy stuff like that, i understand not takin out the windshield an stuff, but mirrors an lights, cmon take the 10 minutes an do the job right! other then that, it looks ok, i just hope you make it all line up properly (the fenders an such)

Friday, March 24, 2006 11:35 PM
loose the fenders man.. they fit like crap.... glad to see a respray, how come they didnt take the lights out?

-marc

dumped an boosted at 8psi.. daily driven.
Friday, March 24, 2006 11:52 PM
Aye.

Not feelin it.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 2:59 AM
the lights are masked all the way around, not just the faces of them. We didn't take them out because we realigned them so they aren't cock-eyed anymore. The fenders .... Meh I agree totally guys. I'll mess with the hood stops to raise the hood a bit. It will look way better with the kit on. Thx for the feedback guys.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 10:23 AM
DrPaul84 wrote:im just gonna point a couple things i dont like out first lol....he did a sloppy job, why leave the headlights corner lights an mirrors on when painting? shoulda taken them all off, i hate when cars get paint jobs an they leave things that should be taken off, on the car...especially easy stuff like that, i understand not takin out the windshield an stuff, but mirrors an lights, cmon take the 10 minutes an do the job right! other then that, it looks ok, i just hope you make it all line up properly (the fenders an such)

This is coming from a guy who was rocking a spraypainted body kit..Spend the money and do it right. Not halfassed like you did.
Saturday, March 25, 2006 2:09 PM
Well I can totally agree with taking out the head lights, corner lights, etc. But I would say this isn't a total half ass-ed job. $2000 is pretty hard to half-ass. I am going to work with the hood to see about getting that monster grab brought back down to a suitable level. But damn, I didn't catch this much flak with my car was four different shades of white. I hope you guys sing a different tune when I get it under the sun, and some decent scenary shots. I am super excited about getting the full kit painted and installed, maybe that will pull some of the hatred off of the fenders. So, don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking anybody, or defending myself. I am, though, taking DrPaul84's advice/critisism with careful note for down the road when another project like this comes along.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 5:32 PM
BlackyK wrote:the lights are masked all the way around, not just the faces of them. We didn't take them out because we realigned them so they aren't cock-eyed anymore. The fenders .... Meh I agree totally guys. I'll mess with the hood stops to raise the hood a bit. It will look way better with the kit on. Thx for the feedback guys.

i dont care how well you masked off the headlights... the point isnt to avoid getting paint on the headlights. the point is parts of your car arent getting paint. take out those headlights and turn signals and you're going to find spots that didnt get paint. thats called "half ass"... and if you paid $2000 for that you got ripped. besides, most good painters i know will not only take the headlights and corners off, but will take the bumpers off completly and spray them seperatly to ensure that every square inch gets an even coat of paint.

Obsessive Behavior of Columbus - Forums - SIGN UP!
http://obc2.proboards78.com/index.cgi
Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:57 PM
ImportFyghter wrote:
DrPaul84 wrote:im just gonna point a couple things i dont like out first lol....he did a sloppy job, why leave the headlights corner lights an mirrors on when painting? shoulda taken them all off, i hate when cars get paint jobs an they leave things that should be taken off, on the car...especially easy stuff like that, i understand not takin out the windshield an stuff, but mirrors an lights, cmon take the 10 minutes an do the job right! other then that, it looks ok, i just hope you make it all line up properly (the fenders an such)

This is coming from a guy who was rocking a spraypainted body kit..Spend the money and do it right. Not halfassed like you did.

umm the kit an everything else that was primered was primered for a reason, as you can see....umm yea not about money or anything else, it was about not being finished, and yea i never finished but thats good i didnt paint it cause that would have been money wasted, but if i where to have it painted it would have to be done right, trunk off, mirrors, hood , ect ect thats just my thoughts, i wasnt bashin him cause im sure it will look alright once done but if he ever has to take any parts off or anything he's gonna have an issue with the paint lines and stuff....just givin POSITIVE critism, at least the owner of the car can take it for what its worth...

Saturday, March 25, 2006 7:11 PM
i heart dr paul

Obsessive Behavior of Columbus - Forums - SIGN UP!
http://obc2.proboards78.com/index.cgi
Saturday, March 25, 2006 7:13 PM
like every other thread on jbo

bitchfest

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search