Need Submissions for Domestic Driver E-ZINE! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Submissions for Domestic Driver E-ZINE!
Friday, March 10, 2006 10:43 AM
With the completion of the March/April issue we are now looking for some new submissions for our May/June issue! All submissions are due in by April 1st. For more information on what kind of things we accept and how to submit please check out our SUBMIT PAGE

We really want to get some variety in this issue so be sure to submit!

Re: Need Submissions for Domestic Driver E-ZINE!
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 2:07 PM
Doesn't anyone have a J-Body that they are just waiting to show off in a magazine layout? No one has any tech articles or how to's that could be shared with our readers? Surely some of you guys know a little about cars

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:11 PM
well if I had anything to actually show off id enter...

-Brandon

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:26 PM
if you'll take a submission of a torn apart from top to bottom cav with about $5k in parts sitting next to it to be installed, lol, then i have one, lol

but are there any specific how-to's you guys are looking for. i have lots to do that i could do one out of, but i dont wanna reproduce something you've already published.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:59 PM
We haven't really had that many How To's so far. We have mostly just done general tech articles. So if it's an install or whatever I'm sure we would like it.

Also if you could find a way to submit the car in an interesting way that would be great but since the car isn't done I think you might just want to wait untill it is. It's up to you though.

To see what How To's and Tech Articles we have done check out our past issues page...

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:19 PM
Sent mine

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:37 PM
Give me 3 more weeks .... 4/1 is too soon for me.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:39 PM
Feel free to use my write up on the headlights from my sig

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:58 PM
if i can get new pictures at higher resolution im gunna send you my stuff again

-marc

gettin blown jus wasn't good enuff.. snailed @ 8psi
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:51 AM
BlackyK wrote:Give me 3 more weeks .... 4/1 is too soon for me.

You can always go for the next issue.

Grimor - We might just do that. Please email me something that says we have permission to use what is on that site and that you own the site and took the pictures and wrote everything. Are the pictures on that site the original resolution from the camera? If not maybe you can email me all of the original pictures for a better quality viewing experience.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:47 AM
ill get to work on a how-to for ya tonight

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:20 AM
Ill be making a submission when i get my car painted and the turbo going here at the beginning of April.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:51 AM
If you want pictures and are willing to feature/show off a stock looking cav that runs UBER fast I'll submit. I have been told by 3 other magazines that I won't be put in till I have rims and a kit or something that makes it appear non-stock though. They think I want a few extra pounds on a car i race or something? sheesh.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:54 PM
Eazy Ent. ( 716 ) - Great we can't wait to see the final submission!

Blue Splash - We look forward to it! Thanks for wanting to be a part of the magazine!

Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) - We like fast cars so don't worry about it and make the submission. As long as it's a very fast car with a lot of mods then we are ok with it. Make a featured ride submission with a good article and some good pictures inside and out. Even if we don't use the submission as a feature we can always change it to a readers ride. Also the car doesn't look really trashy does it? I mean if you have rust and looks like crap we might not want to put it in the magazine. Just a thought though looks are important to most magazines since thats all the readers see. The best way to get in as a feature with all go is to take pictures of burnouts, you at the track or drag strip or whatever shows off your car the best!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 2:01 PM
Dang.. my car wont be ready by then..

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 2:09 PM
You can always submit for the next issue. Your car looks awesome just from looking at the signature!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:38 PM
Thanks man Its getting a lot of new parts atm.. hopefully when I get it all done I can submit some pics... will probably be a few months though...

Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:48 AM
Domestic Driver Magazine wrote:
Grimor - We might just do that. Please email me something that says we have permission to use what is on that site and that you own the site and took the pictures and wrote everything. Are the pictures on that site the original resolution from the camera? If not maybe you can email me all of the original pictures for a better quality viewing experience.

I'll send you an e-mail, If I can find the original pictures I'll post or send them, just not sure if I have em laying around.

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:21 PM
Ok it's now spring so we expect a serious amount of submissions! Let's get a move on it people! LOL. Thanks everyone who already made a submission!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:26 PM
How were those pics I sent?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:58 PM
Domestic Driver Magazine wrote:Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) - We like fast cars so don't worry about it and make the submission. As long as it's a very fast car with a lot of mods then we are ok with it. Make a featured ride submission with a good article and some good pictures inside and out. Even if we don't use the submission as a feature we can always change it to a readers ride. Also the car doesn't look really trashy does it? I mean if you have rust and looks like crap we might not want to put it in the magazine. Just a thought though looks are important to most magazines since thats all the readers see. The best way to get in as a feature with all go is to take pictures of burnouts, you at the track or drag strip or whatever shows off your car the best!

The car is #3 on the list of power adder Ecotecs. Best run last year was 12.807 @ 110. looking for 12.4 at least this year on drag radials and going for 11s when I get some slicks. If you view my profile it has fairly recent pics and the mod list is up to date last I checked.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:23 AM
Scotty B (Teh Black Penguin) - We will make the pictures work.

Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) - Ok make a complete submission already!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:35 AM
i'll have some pics, my brothers car gets painted this week, then hopefully he can get his tires mounted

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:27 PM
oh once i get the new car im so keeping this in mind! just give me a like two years!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:26 PM
my car is pretty much stock as well but i'll check out ur site! maybe post a submission after i get the dvd player in and the ps2, and finish my custom dash if i ever get around to it and get the rims on!!! lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search