Christmas Finally Came - YAY!!!! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Christmas Finally Came - YAY!!!!
Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:46 PM
Hey,
So I was going to get myself a body kit for christmas but that didn't work out and then I quit my job so I didn't have a bunch of maney but still wanted a Christmas present.
Well I finally got them the other day.

Found this waiting for me

The packaging with 2 12" and 1 4" cathode.

12"

4"

The transformer - came with 3.

I got 2 12" and 1 4" cathodes from Oznium.com. I was going to get the blue ones at first because I wanted all blue lights but that didn't match my cluster. I was woried about getting red because I heard they might look pink but I don't think they look pink at all.

I also got this 2 days ago.

Found this on the counter.

Inside the bag - I thought it was a little small of a box so I thought it might have been the module but...

After opening it up - I was jumping up and down by this time

My Viper791XV!!!

Pics of all the wiring and such that have me a little scared...

The remote.

I also got 4 of these mini piezos to hide inside my car.

I got the alarm from ebay for 300$ cheaper than best buy wanted. I've never installed an alarm/remote start before but I think it'll be fun/interesting. I will be installing it as soon as I can and doing a how to with pics.

That was a lot of pics but figured i'd share.

C&C welcome.

-Seth

Re: Christmas Finally Came - YAY!!!!
Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:04 PM
there is a T-Harness that allows you to not cut your steering colum wires you can get it here its for a 96-99 Sunfire but it still should work

Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:06 PM
its not as bad as it looks/ seems. i did one but it was just a remote start. the alarm part is easy as pie. just research wiring diagrams alot before you try and install

Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:10 PM
Victor @streetlineconcepts.com wrote:there is a T-Harness that allows you to not cut your steering colum wires you can get it here its for a 96-99 Sunfire but it still should work

I saw one of those when I was doing my shopping but I wasn't sure it it would work. Then again, I might just solder and save 30$. I might have to look into it.

Wojo wrote:its not as bad as it looks/ seems. i did one but it was just a remote start. the alarm part is easy as pie. just research wiring diagrams alot before you try and install

Ya, I'm planning on trying to get everything ready and what it has to connect to marked before I go to install it.

-Seth

Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:18 PM
its not hard to do at all i just use thous on my/costumer cars just to save time and in case they sell it i will pm you the wireing colours

Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:34 PM
make sure you get the passlock bypass module

and dont loose the remote , they aint cheap , i bought a 2nd 1 when i got my alarm , and i crapped when they told me the price

and for the extra sirens , you need to run them off a relay , or you will blow the out put on the alarm

how much did you pay for the mini's ??

Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:38 PM
why only 2 12" cathods? trust me when u start to add light u are going to want to add more and more. what are you going to do with the 4" ones? also the first time u put the lights on they look orange for some reason. nice pick up

Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:59 PM
Victor @streetlineconcepts.com wrote:its not hard to do at all i just use thous on my/costumer cars just to save time and in case they sell it i will pm you the wireing colours

Thanx - I managed to get into the DEI site too and I got the wire colors from there too and from a place that had pics along with it - like bulldog security or something like that.

[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]make sure you get the passlock bypass module

and dont loose the remote , they aint cheap , i bought a 2nd 1 when i got my alarm , and i crapped when they told me the price

and for the extra sirens , you need to run them off a relay , or you will blow the out put on the alarm

how much did you pay for the mini's ??
It's in the mail - should be here in 4 days - slow ebay shipper.
Ya, those remotes will rip u a new one.
Yep I'm planning on the relay and I payed about 20$ for the 4 of them - they were about 3 or 4$ a piece off ebay.

LarryMartin830 wrote:why only 2 12" cathods? trust me when u start to add light u are going to want to add more and more. what are you going to do with the 4" ones? also the first time u put the lights on they look orange for some reason. nice pick up

Thats the most I could buy with the money at the time. I got them mostly so I could decide on how many I want. I was gonna use the 4" in the vent but it lights it up too much IMO and so now i'm thinking about the center console area or under the dash along with the 12".

-Seth

Friday, February 17, 2006 8:32 PM
what did you search under for the mini's , i actually wanna get a couple

Friday, February 17, 2006 8:55 PM
i got mine for 150 MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA same exact thing

Friday, February 17, 2006 10:16 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]what did you search under for the mini's , i actually wanna get a couple
mini piezo on ebay. You'll find prices like 2.95 each but then 4.99 shipping and then you'll find some for 4 but only 2 shipping so you just have to figure the best deal.

meancav01 wrote:i got mine for 150 MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA same exact thing

Where'd u get it from??

-Seth

Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:33 AM
Hahaha, looks like fun bro. Lots of wiring, tkae your time.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 7:44 AM
Thats one nice alarm

I thought it was 10 foods you should never eat LOL
Saturday, February 18, 2006 9:48 AM
You blocked out your addy in the first picture but not the 8th (the one with the viper alarm package)

better go fix that!!

congrats on the toys though

Saturday, February 18, 2006 9:52 AM
those mini sirens are freaking loud! i got 2 of them laying around. are you going to install them on the INSIDE of the car? i think i might do that with the 2 i got.

AIM & Y!: COGcaviZ24
Saturday, February 18, 2006 10:13 AM
Heres all the main wires you need for that remote start/alarm

2 Battery wires,starter,Ign,acess

Just pop that cover off and all the wires are there plus the ones for your by-pass module
Saturday, February 18, 2006 12:38 PM
Scorpio1 (blu03lambocavi) wrote:Hahaha, looks like fun bro. Lots of wiring, tkae your time.

Ya I started labeling all the wires last night as to where they'll be going and I realize thats a lot of wires - lol

1cavy wrote:Thats one nice alarm

I thought it was 10 foods you should never eat LOL

Thanx. LOL - ya that was in the mail that day too.

Cherub (AZ) wrote:You blocked out your addy in the first picture but not the 8th (the one with the viper alarm package)

better go fix that!!

congrats on the toys though

Ya, I was a little lazy. I might go change it though. Thanx.

COGcaviZ24 a.k.a. Andy Lee wrote:those mini sirens are freaking loud! i got 2 of them laying around. are you going to install them on the INSIDE of the car? i think i might do that with the 2 i got.

Ya mine are going on the inside so when the alarm goes off, they will go off so if someone decided they wanted to try to steal something. Later in the life of my car, a train horn will go off when the alarm goes off too for the outside so i think the outside will be covered - lol.

1cavy wrote:Heres all the main wires you need for that remote start/alarm

2 Battery wires,starter,Ign,acess

Just pop that cover off and all the wires are there plus the ones for your by-pass module

Ya, I found that same one from bulldog security's site. The only thing im trying to figure out is whether the accessory is supposed to go to the orange or the brown because both are marked as the acessory wire.

-Seth

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search