Some new exhaust vids.... of the S/C Eco - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some new exhaust vids.... of the S/C Eco
Monday, February 06, 2006 7:03 PM
I figured I'd make a new post for the vids... you can find the exhaust in this post here:

Airtonics's Ractive Exhaust...

Exhaust consists of: All stainless steel 2.5" piping, Magnaflow resonator, magnaflow muffler, Pacestter cermaic coated header, and a 2.5" downpipe.

Now onto the vids... (Please Right lclick "save as")

Exterior exhaust vid

Some In-car footage

I wish I could get a decent pull without tire spin. Roads are still a lil cold/slick from yesterday. I'm still spinning shifting into third. Ah well, you guys should get an idea of what it sounds like though.

I'm liking it more and more as I drive it. Am I in the 13's yet? hehe

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Re: Some new exhaust vids.... of the S/C Eco
Monday, February 06, 2006 7:18 PM
damn people just need to stay away from magnaflow... I will take some vids of my exhaust.. get ready to cream your pants..

but like I said, exhaust imo is more for effect then sound... as long as it adds power thats all I care about and you seem happy with the gains and thats what counts...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:30 PM
Coolness

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:36 PM
The problem is he needs a converter. Our exhaust systems usually sound terrible with the converter, unless turbo'd. Magnaflows actually sound really good if tuned correctly.

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:37 PM
I meant without the converter, not with.

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:43 PM
I think it sounds alright, I cant wait to see what you put down for numbers this year.

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:43 PM
Nothing wrong with magnaflow, I just got mine on and it sounds awesome. I'll post some clips soon.

Airtonics, I want your S/C

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:49 PM
john i think it sounds tight, much better when it gets warmed up. Nice vids too, it was actually nice to see some vids longer than 10 seconds people put up here all the time.

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:51 PM
i think it sounds great

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:53 PM
wheres the whine man? mine whines like crazy.

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:00 PM
Its being drowned out by the exhaust . In my opinion, Airtonics, I would get a catalytic converter, a longer resonator, and a longer muffler. I remember seeing the vids of when you had the stock exhaust and that whine sounded sooooo sweet.

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:03 PM
Airtronics you s/c competion is coming from Lansing, MI.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Monday, February 06, 2006 8:55 PM
QBE, different mufflers for different opinions. Take the turbo off your's and see how it sounds, that alone makes a big difference.

I'm happy with it, that's all that matters. It's a lil raspier than I'd like it to be but I'm not changing it. It's definietly free flowing and that's what I was going for.

I wish the s/c wasn't as drowed out by it but I'll get a smaller pulley later. No biggie.

Blackfire, bring it... I've been waiting forever for some competition.

Thanks for all your comments everyone. Good or bad, I don't expect everyone to like it.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:04 PM
Personally I think that exhaust sounds perfect, you can hardler here the charger but it sounds nice.

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:13 PM
Im an auto so you'll have to bare with my tranny... lol I do plan on being intercooled though. I think the exhaust sounds great. I ordered the Megan Catback a few moments ago for mine though.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Monday, February 06, 2006 9:15 PM
Airtonics wrote:QBE, different mufflers for different opinions. Take the turbo off your's and see how it sounds, that alone makes a big difference.

I'm happy with it, that's all that matters. It's a lil raspier than I'd like it to be but I'm not changing it. It's definietly free flowing and that's what I was going for.

I wish the s/c wasn't as drowed out by it but I'll get a smaller pulley later. No biggie.

Thanks for all your comments everyone. Good or bad, I don't expect everyone to like it.

the 3.0 pulley sounds about right

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:51 PM
Airtonics wrote:QBE, different mufflers for different opinions. Take the turbo off your's and see how it sounds, that alone makes a big difference.

I will post a video of my dyno....

no cat, resonator and muffler (tenzo r) and then tell me its just my turbo...

hold on

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:55 PM
like I said... it may sound liek crap to me personally but I am more for exhaust's purpose not sound...

Here's my video...

4th gear pull, vss switch on...

2.25 inch pipe, no cat, powerpack resonator, and tenzo r xspec muffler as well as the rk sport header

Click here to watch QBE-Dyno

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, February 06, 2006 10:09 PM
hey phil did you get that megan racing catbacl system mount yet. and where did you get it from?

GOT ECOTEC?
Monday, February 06, 2006 10:22 PM
i like it airtonics.....sounds loud, and kinda annoying but it also sounds freakin mean, esp when your shifting

phils ur's also is similar.....loud as @!#$ but also sounds pretty mean

Monday, February 06, 2006 10:33 PM
Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:hey phil did you get that megan racing catbacl system mount yet. and where did you get it from?

yes.. all that was megan was the muffler.. but it is mounted and I will take pictures...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, February 06, 2006 10:38 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:
Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:hey phil did you get that megan racing catbacl system mount yet. and where did you get it from?

yes.. all that was megan was the muffler.. but it is mounted and I will take pictures...

how much and where. im considering it!
get sound and video you sexy ass turbo boy... lol

GOT ECOTEC?
Monday, February 06, 2006 10:42 PM
custom tubes inc.com

ask for willy

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, February 06, 2006 10:49 PM
sounds pretty good, but i prefer the rumble that a 4 banger cant really provide lol

Monday, February 06, 2006 11:21 PM
^^hey, way to thread jack....Jon, sounds good and loud

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search