Flip-Flop trunk pix - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Flip-Flop trunk pix
Monday, February 06, 2006 2:31 AM
well i did it, we didnt start til 12:30 am and finished around 4am, haha i never sleep.....
so here it is

trunk minus well the trunk

the hinge and the mounting holes

kinda hve a lil problem here

but its fixed now

pic of hinges on lid whilst open

and the final product

i like it, looks good, a lil wobbly when opening and closing but oh well
also i have more pix if anyone wants em to do theirs and i can give decent directions
i just used strap hinges and some bolts to put it on, only reason it took so long is we smoke a lot of cigs and we kinda put the hinges on backwards tha first time

next project: Nite-Shades on the tails....

did it tonight, doesnt look bad, actually looks real good, a few runs tho, will have to wetsand when i find the time, will post pix soon

Re: Flip-Flop trunk pix
Monday, February 06, 2006 4:41 AM
hope you have towels for the leaks

Monday, February 06, 2006 5:59 AM
mine hasnt leaked and iv had it like that for about 2 years now

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:01 AM
I personally think thats the stupidest mod you can do on any car. I'd take the single wiper over that anyday. I'd even stick a NOS sticker on my door before I did that.....but if you like it thats all that matters right?

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:14 AM
Seriously when I see this mod, I think "are they planning on trying to shove dead fat bodies in their trunk?" lol Don't ask me why, but it just comes to mind....but like Mark said, whatever makes you happy!

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:40 AM
Hmm, well if you like it I guess. but whats the point? that mod was done, and overplayed years ago, so it doesnt get you points in show, or originality, and it will leak.

Official Member of Ontario Cavs/J-Body Club of Ontario
Monday, February 06, 2006 6:45 AM
1 HOT Z (Mark A) wrote:I personally think thats the stupidest mod you can do on any car. I'd take the single wiper over that anyday. I'd even stick a NOS sticker on my door before I did that.....but if you like it thats all that matters right?

X2

Monday, February 06, 2006 11:34 AM
well it doesnt leak
the night i did it we got like 6" of rain and NO LEAKS!!!
and i dont care about show points, you can obviously see that my car is NOT show ready
why is it that when someone on here does something that isnt brand new, someting that other people have done, they get flammed from you guys??
if you dont like it, fine, then keep your mouth shut and make comments on the work, tell me i did crappy work, fine, but dont say that its a crappy mod b.c you dont like it

Monday, February 06, 2006 12:40 PM
LiquidFireCavy (mdk) wrote:well it doesnt leak
the night i did it we got like 6" of rain and NO LEAKS!!!
and i dont care about show points, you can obviously see that my car is NOT show ready
why is it that when someone on here does something that isnt brand new, someting that other people have done, they get flammed from you guys??
if you dont like it, fine, then keep your mouth shut and make comments on the work, tell me i did crappy work, fine, but dont say that its a crappy mod b.c you dont like it

yeah seriously..

nice work, except for the fact you put it on backwards the first time

Monday, February 06, 2006 12:47 PM
looks good man. keep up the good work

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:32 PM
Good work. Glad someone is doing something on their own car that they like and enjoy.

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:14 PM
i think it look really good, its what u like no what n e body else does,ive actually been thinking about doin this mod n e tips???

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:11 PM
Some times i miss my flip flop trunk but it was nothing but trouble for me.

looks good man

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Monday, February 06, 2006 8:40 PM
Tom DiGrazia wrote:i think it look really good, its what u like no what n e body else does,ive actually been thinking about doin this mod n e tips???

measure a bunch of time b4 drilling
i used 6" strap hinges, but i think 4-5" would be better cuz i had to cut mine down a lil to make em fit

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:05 PM
Bolt in a piece of angle Iron between the hinges ON the bars(2 piece for added strenth)It will keep the lid fron wobbling and twisting when you shut it.

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:23 PM
good job, i been thinkin about attempting it, keep it up
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:19 PM
thanx for the info spyder
and thanx to all who made useful and nie comments

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:14 PM
not really my style, but nice none-the-less. now do the hood!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:59 PM
i saw it on saturday ( it was raining ) but it looked really good ! good job bud

"Boost tuning"....... have you had your 8 PSI today?

future name of the winter shop!!!
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:10 AM
easy: that will be my next big project, i hope
right now i'm workin on my night-shade tails, i sprayed em, but it ran (BAD!) so i sanded them tonight and now they are foggy, so i have to sand some more then paint and clear, after that i have to finish my interior which i started like a month ago, then........MY HOOD

if anyone has suggestions tips on the hood let me know, but i have an idea that involves sone linear actuators

seasons, thanx dude, hopefully it will be dry this week and y'all can get a better look

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:11 AM
I had my turnk like that for a bit, unitl my W7's ripped out the bolts holding the hinges on, then the rivets I replaced the bolts with, so I went back to stock. Was cool to open and show the subs at shows.

Now some jackass on eBay is selling info on how-to do this, and he is using pics of my car. Funny thing is I email the info I MADE to Joe from Modified Motorsports so he could post a HOW-To for free. So contact Joe if anyone wants the info. I made my own kit, so the guy on eBay is full of BS

link to eBay auction, wonder whos car that is? hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Anyway good luck with it.

My Myspace Page

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:59 AM
The question was Whats the point? not saying you shouldnt do it.. just wondering what the reasoning is on it?

You could paint your drivers side door blue too.. but why?

Dont get so damn defensive..

Official Member of Ontario Cavs/J-Body Club of Ontario
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:23 AM
kind of hard to see the bar really...but it's going from one arm to the other.

it will give you an extra point at car shows for exterior mods

It was a good show stopper, people would just stop and look at it, see how it's done.

but practicallity wise it plain out sucks.

the best mod I've ever done is the swap from flip flop to stock.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 12:28 PM
hey vince do you got instruction on how to put it back to stock? I am gonna put mine back to stock too but can't find the old parts or remember how the plates go in.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 10:49 PM
meh, did that to my old car back in the day, sucked, i mean realisticaly for a car that u actualy use daily. and it just doesnt appeal to me anymore, i look at car with it and it just doesnt look good to me. getting rid of the lambo hinges for the same reason i wouldnt do another mod like that... daily driving, its just not practical and i cant believe how @!#$ty the lambos work after a year of being on there... MAJOR wait of money. imho mods like that suck, the stock stuff gets the job done much better.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

i had lots of toys when i was young.slinky,etc.but once i found my penis,that was all she wrote
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search