3" turbo exhaust, and yes you can fit a filter on - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3" turbo exhaust, and yes you can fit a filter on
Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:19 PM
well there is alot of people on here who say you cant fit a filter on a turbo 2.4L, but i swear GM planed to make these cars turboed.... a 3" tube fit like a glove and came up pefectly where you see it in the pictures below...

3" turbo back exhaust with cut out

ahahaha my new farmer intercooler

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno

Re: 3" turbo exhaust, and yes you can fit a filter
Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:36 PM
sweet sweet nice to see you progress in this project

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:47 PM
nice i like the cutout

Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:14 PM
is that supercharged and turboed at the same time?

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:21 PM
why so many couplers on the pipe in the front there?

Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:37 PM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:sweet sweet nice to see you progress in this project

ahah yea slowly but its comen
Dude Your Toasted wrote:is that supercharged and turboed at the same time?

ahah you know it.... much bigger turbo then what most Jbodys use (not sure if any are using it) so i can spool it up much faster with the supercharger but still have instant boost at like 1000rpm ..

themarin8r wrote:why so many couplers on the pipe in the front there?

just mocked up... going to get all the pipes welded as much as i can and powdercoated

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Re: 3
Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:46 PM
Nice bro..
Can't wait to see her runnin..

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:05 PM
Ahh, I told you that you could do it... lotsa space down there if you MAKE IT.

That's exactly how mine is setup except I have a better filter.

As for the front pipes... good job taking out the old I/C... but - as I said before - the way your pipes go under the driver's side there... it's really low.

Other than that, good job, keep workin' at it.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:32 PM
SunfighterGT wrote:Ahh, I told you that you could do it... lotsa space down there if you MAKE IT.
That's exactly how mine is setup except I have a better filter.
As for the front pipes... good job taking out the old I/C... but - as I said before - the way
your pipes go under the driver's side there... it's really low.
Other than that, good job, keep workin' at it.
-Chris-

ahah whats this better filter you speak of? thats a K&N right there... but its all beat up from being under the car... im going to get a flat one when this one is shot

the charge pipes will be moved soon .. ahah i got a project that has to do with a masive!!! tank and combinding windsheild washer tank with alcohol tank.... then i can run the charge pipes up alot more... basically the same as the passenger side

thanks man

ps you have any pics of your intercooler?

Monday, February 06, 2006 1:29 PM
A coolant leak waiting to happen...Looking forward to the end product..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, February 06, 2006 2:12 PM
mine has been sitting like that for over a year. no leaks. i have hear wrap inbetween the lines and the compressor housing.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA

Monday, February 06, 2006 2:36 PM
That looks so big under there. Can't wait to find out how it runs, nice work man.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, February 06, 2006 2:42 PM
97blkZ24 wrote:mine has been sitting like that for over a year. no leaks. i have hear wrap inbetween the lines and the compressor housing.
really....I just hope he puts some on his....Pretty interesting buildup

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, February 06, 2006 4:54 PM
Yea still got to go in and put heat wrap on alot of things... even things that probably wont melt threw ill still do it just as a precaution... thats just some of the loose ends i have to tie up before its good to go

Monday, February 06, 2006 5:07 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:A coolant leak waiting to happen...Looking forward to the end product..

Exactly what I was gonna say.

I think you should take another route instead of going back in front of the intercooler....thats a lot of piping.

Monday, February 06, 2006 5:53 PM
looking good thus far.

does it run?

Portage, MI
Monday, February 06, 2006 8:43 PM
Jay wrote:Exactly what I was gonna say.

I think you should take another route instead of going back in front of the intercooler....thats a lot of piping.

what do you mean???? the intake? it sits where the stock air box is? every turbo 2.4L sits there... the intake made no difference for that... its the only rute you can take and any one who is smart and has a 2.4L put their filter this way...

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:46 PM
Jay wrote:I think you should take another route instead of going back in front of the intercooler....thats a lot of piping.

and alot of piping??? how ?the intake is like 2feet long at most... its a 45 degree bend with a 90degree bend

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:51 PM
I am talking about the intercooler piping genious.

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:58 PM
Jay wrote:I am talking about the intercooler piping genious.

well you show me a way and i will do it?
1. cant go over with the hot side since the s/c'er is there and there is LOTS of 2.4L turbo j's with their hot side like that

2. i am keeping my winsheild washer fluid tank as this car is all way driven year round snow rain ect... so i have really no other options... and its not that long... lets see how you did yours if you have a better idea?

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:10 PM
I ran mine thru the winshield washer spot...and then ran the other side up thru the the front of the block up into my HO Manifold.

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:18 PM
Well see thats why yours is shorter... i dont want to take my washer tank out... im working out a way to move it and/or put in a different tank so i can run the pipes threw there but if i cant this is how it is staying...

up in front? how does that work? do you have an intercooler? or better yet pics?

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:30 PM
How bout you drop the sass.

I have an intercooler and the piping is shorter than yours.

End of story, I offered my advice and you acted like a damn girl.

Monday, February 06, 2006 9:37 PM
thanks but you trying to tell me to do somthing when it physically will not work on my car

im not saying your idea wont work.. im saying it wont work on my car... i am going for a set up that does not require any removal of any thing like the bumper, windsheild washer fluid tank ect....

I said before as well that i am trying to find a new shape/style of washer tank so i CAN do it the way your talking and shorten it up... but if i cant do that, the pipes stay like this

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 4:15 AM
well josh for ur info, i ran mine thru the windshield washer hole and i still have washers with the stock tank and location.. there is enough room for 2 1/4 piping and i would even think 2 1/2.. and then my hot side was ran underneath the car which looks like what you did. i do believe that is the shortest route a hot side on the jbody can make.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search