My System!! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My System!!
Monday, January 30, 2006 5:09 PM
I just found out how to post pictures so I am going to post pictures of my system, tell me what you think.

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Re: My System!!
Monday, January 30, 2006 5:10 PM
Very clean...I like it.

Monday, January 30, 2006 5:14 PM
I didn't bolt down the sub in the trunk because i might need to move it if i have to put something in there.

Monday, January 30, 2006 5:20 PM
firstcar24 wrote:I didn't bolt down the sub in the trunk because i might need to move it if i have to put something in there.

Get some sheets of velcro and attach it to the bottom of the box. It will keep it in one place and still be moveable.
Monday, January 30, 2006 5:24 PM
Looks pretty good, i got my new one in as well...

2001 cavalier http://www.cardomain.com/ride/835752

Monday, January 30, 2006 5:28 PM
Nice start, looks good.

As for the thread jacker above.....bad form.

Thanks for the sig, Blakout.
Monday, January 30, 2006 5:28 PM
alpine i see

i like their amps for mids/high but for subs i prefer something beefey like kicker

it looks nice tho man

Monday, January 30, 2006 5:36 PM
dirty elf wrote:alpine i see

i like their amps for mids/high but for subs i prefer something beefey like kicker

it looks nice tho man

I did the Alpine Sub because I work at Best Buy and they don't sell Kicker. I would have done kicker all the way around but I would have paid tripple what I paid for the Alpines.

Cavalier2240 That looks very nice.

Monday, January 30, 2006 5:38 PM
Alexis wrote:
As for the thread jacker above.....bad form.

for some reason that just sounded funny, I guess because I didn't expect someone to say bad form

as for the set up, looks pretty good, and the velcro was advice

Monday, January 30, 2006 5:50 PM
mmm alpine type es effin rock lol

Monday, January 30, 2006 6:35 PM
i wasnt intending to jack this thread and im not, all i did was showing him my new system as well..... its his thread

2001 cavalier http://www.cardomain.com/ride/835752

Monday, January 30, 2006 6:54 PM
^Post in a new thread then...lol. If everyone posted their new systems in this thread no one would reply to his settup....

...which by the way, looks good. Nice and clean. Alpine is awesome for mids and highs, I plan to get some soon to match the bass of my 2 kicker L7s. lol. How does the sub sound?

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Monday, January 30, 2006 7:48 PM
That looks very nice good job

Monday, January 30, 2006 7:55 PM
nice, but u need more subs!!!!

Monday, January 30, 2006 7:58 PM
Don't use velcro... go to like walmart and buy some Shelfing paper. Its like a rubber mat that has some grip to it. Just staple or tape it to the bottom of the box. Velcro would be a pain in my opinion. Looks good though!

Monday, January 30, 2006 8:51 PM
ZeeTwankyFo wrote:^How does the sub sound?

It's awsome!! 1 10" it hits hard!!! I like Rock music and I like my bass percise, not long and drawn out. It's not rediculous loud but the mirrors shake and i think the trunk rattles a little bit. there is no distortion and my speekers are 2 way so i let the sub do all the bass.

you need more subs!!!

1 is plenty and I use the trunk everyday.

Monday, January 30, 2006 9:25 PM
Alpine...YAY!!!!
Looks good

-Seth

Monday, January 30, 2006 9:25 PM
not a bad starter system. wOOt another best buy employee.

Monday, January 30, 2006 9:39 PM
Steve W wrote:Don't use velcro... go to like walmart and buy some Shelfing paper. Its like a rubber mat that has some grip to it. Just staple or tape it to the bottom of the box. Velcro would be a pain in my opinion. Looks good though!

He means to staple or glue the non-fuzzy side of the velcrow to the bottom of the box. The velcow will kinda hold onto the carpet in the trunk, but can be easily moved. I dont think he meant that he should apply both sides of the velcrow in the trunk.

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 4:58 AM
ZeeTwankyFo wrote:
Steve W wrote:Don't use velcro... go to like walmart and buy some Shelfing paper. Its like a rubber mat that has some grip to it. Just staple or tape it to the bottom of the box. Velcro would be a pain in my opinion. Looks good though!

He means to staple or glue the non-fuzzy side of the velcrow to the bottom of the box. The velcow will kinda hold onto the carpet in the trunk, but can be easily moved. I dont think he meant that he should apply both sides of the velcrow in the trunk.

Thank you, that is exactly what i meant. I should have specified in my first post. I used velcro for 3 years with just the non fuzzy part attached to the bottom of my 2-12" ported box in my old van and it worked like a charm. didnt tear up the carpet too bad either.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:37 PM
How did you get the trim ring on the deck to fit? I tried clipping mine on, but it wouldn't fit. It's been a few weeks, so I don't remember why it wouldn't fit. Maybe I just need to try again. Nice looking set up

"We ride together. We die together. Bad boys for life."

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:53 PM
Wicked1 wrote:How did you get the trim ring on the deck to fit? I tried clipping mine on, but it wouldn't fit. It's been a few weeks, so I don't remember why it wouldn't fit. Maybe I just need to try again. Nice looking set up

Mine snaped in you have to work at it a little.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search