Pic request - - - 3rd gen cav - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pic request - - - 3rd gen cav
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:42 PM
I'm looking to get a pic or two of the rear side panel on a cavalier - the part by the seat and around the qtr windows
I really just want any backside shots you could give me ( to check the depth) and any information on how to get it off, like if i have to remove the backseat to get to it
If you dont know what i mean, please ask JNICK3L on aim
Thanks

Re: Pic request - - - 3rd gen cav
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:29 PM
not sure what you need pictures for jesse, but to take it off you have to 1st take the seatbelt off, second use a flathead screwdriving to pull the hanger clips off, thenthe seat is like spring loaded and has a black plastic clip on one side. pop the clip out and then push the seat towards that side (the side that the clip was on), and pull the other side out. hope that makes sense.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:03 PM
^^^yep. Basically remove rear seat and seat belt, and voila! you can now remove that plastic piece.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:52 AM
Adam- I really just want any backside shots you could give me ( to check the depth)

can anybody get that for me...please

Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:08 AM
the deapth? do you mean the deapth below the back windows? if so do you want the deapth from the panel to the metal. or from the metal inner skin to the metal outer skin?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:13 AM
the depth from the panel to the metal
i know theres 2 different areas, one deeper than the other, i want the lower deeper one
i'll look for pictures of what area i want (itll just be the backside that i want tho)

Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:29 AM
the part circled - panel to metal

Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:39 AM
here is a thread in the Audio forum it might help ya out some...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=4&i=115242&t=115242

Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:29 PM
NightFire wrote:

Pretty much exactly what i wanna do, only moving the speaker toward the seat more...
if youre looking at that pic move it -------->

Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:55 PM
ahh... i see what your doing man. dont have any pics to help ya out though, lol.

Friday, January 06, 2006 8:33 AM
If you go all the way back, you'll run into the tire well. I've put my cav back together or else I'd go get you a pic, the pics I have don't show that area sorry

Friday, January 06, 2006 9:27 AM
Hey....i don't know if this helps, but the that's where the speakers are in a convertible since we don't have a rear deck...

~Kilo

Friday, January 06, 2006 10:23 AM
theres a philips screw holding the rear hangers in also. so pull the big gold seatbelt bolts, the 2 philips screw in the hangers, and pull out the back seat and they'll pull off

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Friday, January 06, 2006 10:35 AM
SnazziZ24 wrote:Hey....i don't know if this helps, but the that's where the speakers are in a convertible since we don't have a rear deck...

~Kilo

this i know
got me some vert speaker grilles im gonna stick in there with some speakers
btw, its hard as hell to get those things out of a wrecked one

Friday, January 06, 2006 10:46 AM
That would be a pretty trick place to install some speakers. Would you use the 6*9s in the back still?

Friday, January 06, 2006 11:14 AM
my 6x9s are actually still in the rear deck, but not hooked up. with how i recovered the rear deck with vinyl the sound quality really went to ish

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search