The evolution of my engine compartment - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The evolution of my engine compartment
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:53 PM
Last month I finally got an intake for my car! Last night I finally got some pictures of the newest look of the engine compartment. While I was uploading the new pictures to my Car Domain site, I was looking through the old pictures and I noticed how much the engine compartment has changed over the three+ years I've had the car. I figured it would be fun to post the evolution of my engine compartment to show how far it has come over these last three years.

this is when everything was completely stock:

this is after blue wire loom and silicone hoses were added and the radiator cover was removed:

this is after a billet battery cover was added:

this is after all five engine caps, the throttle wire cover, the IDI cover and the fuse box cover were all painted blue:

this is after all the blue was removed and a Flex-Braid hose kit, silver silicone hoses, billet engine caps and billet strut tower caps were added:

this is after an upper front strut tower brace was added:

finally, this is how my engine compartment looks as of right now:

I couldn't be happier that I decided at the beginning of last year (2005) to get rid of the blue. In my opinion the engine compartment looks much more sophisticated now. It doesn't have that "cheap Ricer" look to it any more (no offense meant to anyone by the afore mentioned statement).

As far as future plans go, the coolant and brake fluid reservoirs will eventually get painted black and the valve cover will eventually get powder coated to match the color of the car. I am not a big fan of performance, so there will only be these few more minor appearance mods, nothing major.

I didn't want to post a ton of pictures on here, so here is the link for the rest of the updated engine compartment pictures.

Any and all comments are welcome and appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to check out my pictures. Happy New Year.

Re: The evolution of my engine compartment
Monday, January 02, 2006 1:28 AM
yeah, the blue looked tacky. after i saw that you make it back to black and silver it really looked good. nice intake BTW

Monday, January 02, 2006 1:58 AM
lookin good. very clean engine

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Monday, January 02, 2006 3:04 AM
Are those the billet caps being talked about in the GP Forum? I think you have a sweet engine bay there...great job!

Still need to get a nice header back there and get the C/F resevior cover to finish it off really nice!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Monday, January 02, 2006 3:05 AM
gangster

Monday, January 02, 2006 5:31 AM
huge improvement over the blue. looks great

Monday, January 02, 2006 6:01 AM
yeah that blue made it look tacky, looks 10x better now.

"All my life I have been trying to figure out who is behind this face of mine"

Monday, January 02, 2006 6:19 AM
Kennie Rivas wrote:yeah that blue made it look tacky, looks 10x better now.

Monday, January 02, 2006 12:25 PM
@ 2enthusiast4: Yeah, I couldn't agree more about the blue, especially when I compare the "old" and "new" engine compartments. The black, silver and billet looks so much better. I couldn't be happier with the intake. It adds a little sound and a little power and some nice bling to the engine compartment . Thanks for your positive comments !

@ Eazy (no switches no bitches): Thank you very much !

@ BlueDeuce (dnt02cavls): I have no idea if they are the same caps that are currently being talked about in the Group Purchase Forum. Mine were custom made by Clayton "LIVID" Bell. As far as a header goes, as I said in my first post, I am not too big on performance so if I do get a header it won't be for quite a while yet. As far as the carbon fiber reservoir cover, I am not at all a fan of carbon fiber (no offense to anyone). My "thing" is billet and chrome. The coolant and brake fluid reservoirs are going to be painted black so they don't stand out nearly as much. Thanks for your positive comments !

@ dirty elf: Thanks for the props yo !

@ Resurrected J (AKA sedancavi): I couldn't agree more! Thanks for your positive comments !

@ Kennie Rivas & Manta Z: Yeah, I totally agree. I'm just glad I wised up sooner rather than later. Thanks for your positive comments !

Monday, January 02, 2006 3:52 PM
yea that rad res is starting to look out of place in there it would be good silver or black

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, January 02, 2006 4:09 PM
so where your shroud cover ?

engine boot looks really nice

Monday, January 02, 2006 4:32 PM
@ Rodimus Prime: Yeah no kidding. Not only is it starting to look out of place, but it's also starting to get all yellow and ghetto looking. It's definitely getting painted black A.S.A.P.

@ sunstealth: I took the radiator cover off and I have been going back and forth on whether or not I am going to re-install it. I'll probably end up just picking one up and seeing how it looks. Thanks for the positive comments .

Monday, January 02, 2006 4:41 PM
everyone goes through"i did that to MY car" phase. Imo i say put the rad cover on. looks by the way

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Monday, January 02, 2006 4:42 PM
the front cover missing looks like a$$

the blue was a little over done , but if the split loom , and some of the painted was gone it woulda looked better

looks good for a girls car ,

you know im playin

Monday, January 02, 2006 10:18 PM
@ stock gt: Yeah, unfortunately some people don't grow out of that stage, so I'm very glad I was one of the ones that did . I will more than likely end up re-installing a radiator cover in the spring. It's too damn cold to go to the junkyard right now . I will probably just take the stickers off of it so it's all black. Thanks for the positive comments on the car !

@ 97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™): Yeah, I will more than likely be re-installing the radiator cover once spring comes around. We actually have winter here, unlike you lucky bastards down there . I sort of agree about the blue being over done, but I still prefer the silver, black, billet look over the blue. It suits the rest of the car better since I am keeping both the exterior and interior pretty much stock and very subtle. You're damn right it looks good for a girl's car !

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:51 PM
Looks really nice, good move ditching the wire loom, wish I could keep mine that clean.

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:53 PM
Very nice! Gotta love the billet dress up and stainless steel hoses!

- Darren

ontariocavs.com -||- phewes.snowpants.org -||- zukiworld.com
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:25 PM
@ BlackEco: I couldn't agree more about the blue wire loom. I still have quite a bit of wire loom in the engine compartment, but it's black now so it doesn't stick out like the blue used to.

It's not that hard to keep the engine compartment clean if you detail it on a regular basis. I wipe everything down every time I wash the car. The longer you let it go the worse it's going to be. It will usually take me about 15 minutes to wipe everything down.

Thanks so much for your positive comments !

@ Phewes: Thank you so much ! I couldn't agree more. I have completely fallen in love with billet and stainless steel . It looks so good, especially on a silver car. Although I honestly believe that the things I have done to my car would look amazing on any color car since billet and stainless steel are neutral. Just my .02 though .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search