Drift Kit....finally *thumbnails* - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Drift Kit....finally *thumbnails*
Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:26 PM
Finally got the kit on. It's not completely finished, it still needs some refinement as far as fitment goes. And ya I know IT NEEDS LOWERED I'm still deciding on how I want to lower it. Air ride is in the running and is beginning to win....anyhow on with the pics, before and after full drift kit....

Before Kit:

After Kit:

Comments and criticisms welcome. Yeah it needs lowered, I'm aware of that

JBOK.org & Insane-Customs.com

Re: Drift Kit....finally *thumbnails*
Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:27 PM
looks good but just be careful when you lower it. i had the same kit and even w/ my coils all the way up, i still bottomed the kit out alot

Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:33 PM
Lower it

Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:33 PM
i like that color, and maybe some bigger rims would help out w/ all the bottoming out and the scrapin'?

^ my cavy of course.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:41 PM
02 redbadged wrote:i like that color, and maybe some bigger rims would help out w/ all the bottoming out and the scrapin'?

Nope it won't i ran 18's with that kit with a 4 inch drop and if i didn't pay attention i would bottom out and hit all the time. One thing that I did that saved my kit was get black rubber or plastic mold put it on the front bumper and down the side skirts on the underneath. If you hit it will grab the plastic first.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:48 PM
Were did you get that drift kit at? Looks nothing like any drift kit I have ever seen. The part that is under the head lights looks really square. Same with the rear?

Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:56 PM
David Alameda (Zspeedcav) wrote:Were did you get that drift kit at? Looks nothing like any drift kit I have ever seen. The part that is under the head lights looks really square. Same with the rear?

i just noticed that. thats weird it looks like it sticks out then just drops off. when i had my drift kit, it was rounded all at the top and didnt stick out like that

Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:56 PM
Ashley Becker wrote: One thing that I did that saved my kit was get black rubber or plastic mold put it on the front bumper and down the side skirts on the underneath. If you hit it will grab the plastic first.

Thats a really good idea I hadn't thought of it. I'm already on 18s so I might give that a try.

David Alameda (Zspeedcav) wrote:Were did you get that drift kit at? Looks nothing like any drift kit I have ever seen. The part that is under the head lights looks really square. Same with the rear?

Ebay (hence the quality), and I think it might just be the pics, I hadn't noticed.

JBOK.org & Insane-Customs.com
Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:25 PM
I like.
To me, it doesn't look too bad not lowered.

-Seth

Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:26 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]

i just noticed that. thats weird it looks like it sticks out then just drops off. when i had my drift kit, it was rounded all at the top and didnt stick out like that

noticed it too.. i think its something the maker did to make it stand out different from all the rest? Almost looks like it was originally for a different car
Looks pretty good. Slam that bish, Don't you know. If you can get your body kit touching the ground.. just make custom wheel skirts.. and say it "hovers"

Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:24 PM
I myself don't much care for the drift kit but it looks really good on your cav! Good work!

Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:34 PM
i like it, dont lower it to much, i dont think it looks bad not lowered at all

Under Construction, should be finished before years over...
Corey
Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:20 PM
Well, Starr you know how I feel about your car. If you lower it, you'll probably need bags that way u can lift it back up when u need to... I can't remember how many times I dragged my drift front when my car sat on stock suspension. At one point I was in the same situation you're in. If the roads in northern ky are anything like the ones in eastern ky, then I can fully relate.
Your kit is a little diff than any other drift kit I've seen. I noticed whenever u first posted pics of it on your car but it still looks great! Can't wait to see what you have planned next for it.

Proud member of JBOK!
Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:30 PM
u moving on up to the east side

http://www.myspace.com/crdaonline
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:26 PM
i like it. that car is hot.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:34 PM
Thanks for the comments/suggestions/compliments guys!

JBOK.org loves you
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:43 PM
Looks great ... another fine JBOK creation!!

Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:50 PM
Ashley Becker wrote:
02 redbadged wrote:i like that color, and maybe some bigger rims would help out w/ all the bottoming out and the scrapin'?

Nope it won't i ran 18's with that kit with a 4 inch drop and if i didn't pay attention i would bottom out and hit all the time. One thing that I did that saved my kit was get black rubber or plastic mold put it on the front bumper and down the side skirts on the underneath. If you hit it will grab the plastic first.

well with a 4inch drop, most likely u would bottom out a lot

Monday, January 02, 2006 3:13 AM
lower it, air ride

Monday, January 02, 2006 11:34 PM
Deputy D Styl3 wrote:
Ashley Becker wrote:

well with a 4inch drop, most likely u would bottom out a lot

Raised it up and still hit the kit it sit too low and the lowest point is the back of the side skirts.

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:44 PM
im gettin a drift kit for my 00 cavy hopefully soon..100 bucks off some1 who got rid of their cavy..newho, i live in new hampshire so this probably isnt a good idea right?

My Other Ride

RIP Saint...Semper Fi.

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:52 PM
That's definately a different Mold. Take a side pic and compare it to other's on here.

It looks like it has a Bomex parkbench, but seating for people in the front too!

Monday, May 15, 2006 1:07 PM
Monday, May 15, 2006 1:08 PM
holy back from the dead batman

Monday, May 15, 2006 4:19 PM
dirty elf wrote:holy back from the dead batman

haha

But yea, right when I clicked on like the 3-4th pic i knew it was different.......weird looking kit ya have!

Also I was lowered on Goldlines and stock struts and maybe hit my right sideskirt one time while here in Atlanta. Once I lowered my car I didn't know why everyone was hitting things here on JBO?

But when I got to Seattle I almost ripped the front off, AND cracked both molds on the sideskirts BAD......

so it depends on where you stay I guess!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search