Need Submissions for Domestic Driver E-ZINE! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Submissions for Domestic Driver E-ZINE!
Monday, December 12, 2005 11:11 AM
Domestic Driver Magazine has gone E-ZINE and we are working on putting together our Jan/Feb issue. We are looking for all types of submissions as long as its Domestic. Please check out our SUBMIT PAGE of our web site for more.

Re: Need Submissions for Domestic Driver E-ZINE!
Monday, December 12, 2005 12:09 PM
it says submission deadline dec.1 which has obviously past. are you still taking submissions for it? or is it for march/april?

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:10 PM
could do a do not buy from autoloc submission....

1st 1st gen on air.....
Monday, December 12, 2005 2:33 PM
Monday, December 12, 2005 2:36 PM
3-4MP cameras are fine for most everything now that it's an E-ZINE. Also yes we are still taking submissions even though the deadline passed. We hope to get enough submissions this week! We have received very little submissions so far so you all have a good chance!

Monday, December 12, 2005 3:15 PM
I see you say all domestics are ok. Are trucks ok to submit or do you prefer cars?

Monday, December 12, 2005 4:01 PM
I dont have enough mods for something like this, but I was thinking it might be helpful to have a sample on your submit page so people unfamiliar with your magazine can get a better idea of what kind of information is expected and what the format is.

Monday, December 12, 2005 5:22 PM
8-20 paragraph ... damn dude thats an essay!

Wish I had enough mods to enter too.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 4:07 PM
There is a complete sample magazine PDF on our past issues page and our home page!

Black2000CavySedan - No we are just cars at this time. Sorry.

Adiktid - Yeah it might seem long but they don't have to be long paragraphs. Plus thats for a featured ride. A readers ride we only want a paragraph and your mods list with a few pictures.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 4:20 PM
Domestic Driver Magazine wrote:There is a complete sample magazine PDF on our past issues page and our home page!

Black2000CavySedan - No we are just cars at this time. Sorry.

Adiktid - Yeah it might seem long but they don't have to be long paragraphs. Plus thats for a featured ride. A readers ride we only want a paragraph and your mods list with a few pictures.

Right on! Just saw it, nice work on the mag The sample is very helpful.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 5:17 PM
Need anymore computer edited pics? and could it be a newer dodge charger? and what all are you expecting for details on it. considering most photoshops you could write a book on how you did everything.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:33 AM
if i can find some time i'll get some pics and an article written up. just had a kid though so life is busy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:58 AM
sndsgood wrote:if i can find some time i'll get some pics and an article written up. just had a kid though so life is busy.

sorry for the OT, but congrats man

RIP Kasey Burleson, and get well soon Chris Shelly

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:13 AM
What about an article on our club??? There are about 15-20 of us what would we need to do ??? If we can get in that is
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 5:36 PM
BoltZ22 wrote:Need anymore computer edited pics? and could it be a newer dodge charger? and what all are you expecting for details on it. considering most photoshops you could write a book on how you did everything.

We always enjoy a good chop. Yes it can be of the new charger. No write up with it is needed just a before and after picture and who we should give credit to. Be sure the before and after picture are both your own work and a high resolution.

latinoheat :

> Club Insider
If your mostly domestic car club would like some exposure all you have to do is send some photos of your club members cars in a group and individually with a article about the club and about each members car. Be sure your pictures are 3MP+ and have good backgrounds and lighting.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 6:48 PM
Changed my sn but yeah were all J's. I will let the prez and vp know we just had a photo shoot and might have another one just for this.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:23 PM
So when are you guys going to have a real mag that I can hold in my hand again? I was going to get another year issue again, but want something to take in the bathroom with me.

FU Tuning

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:27 AM
^ thats funny but true lol

ill see about the interest to get a photoshoot, im the pres. of the Texas J's, the one he was talking about. i dont know if we can make it for this issue since the cold weather and the holidays are upon us, so trying to get a meet together would be interesting. maybe another issue we could do a club article. its kind of interesting to see where the group came from down to only 2 regulars then explode to a club that started in the dfw area to across the state.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:52 AM
John Higgins wrote:So when are you guys going to have a real mag that I can hold in my hand again? I was going to get another year issue again, but want something to take in the bathroom with me.

It won't be untill we get at least 1000+ E-ZINE subscribers. Then we may go print again and might be worth it. For now though we are able to actually make money (we hope) and for the past 2 years were only able to lose money in the long run.

Yellow Rimed One - We look forward to it. Make sure you have someone that has a decent digital camera to take the pictures.

Anyone else interested in making a submission? We are still in need of a good many submissions!

This year will be the first year we accept RWD cars and larger cars like the Pontiac Grand Prix in order to please more people. Since the E-ZINE can be larger overall then print we hope to make everyone happy so that they can all find something they are interested in.

The first issue doesn't look like it will be to large but during the show season we hope ot have 50+ pages of content in the E-ZINE. We also want to make the web site larger and add helpful information there as well as more videos and extras!

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:12 PM
I was in the readers rides, WOOT! hehe.

Official member - www.ontarioCAVS.com & J-Body Club of Ontario
Thursday, December 15, 2005 3:12 PM
you should do an under construction section...like mini truckin does, several of us on here won't be ready for a feature for some time

http://members.cardomain.com/freakycavy

Thursday, December 15, 2005 4:51 PM
Freak of Nature(1loudcavy) wrote:you should do an under construction section...like mini truckin does, several of us on here won't be ready for a feature for some time

We are open to things like this and many people have suggested it but no one has actually sent in a submission. If you can offer something that is truely usuable and shows that it has a future then we would like to include it. Most of the time cars that aren't modded enough for a feature just go in the readers rides section.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:16 PM
Domestic Driver Magazine wrote:
John Higgins wrote:So when are you guys going to have a real mag that I can hold in my hand again? I was going to get another year issue again, but want something to take in the bathroom with me.

It won't be untill we get at least 1000+ E-ZINE subscribers. Then we may go print again and might be worth it. For now though we are able to actually make money (we hope) and for the past 2 years were only able to lose money in the long run.

Yellow Rimed One - We look forward to it. Make sure you have someone that has a decent digital camera to take the pictures.

Anyone else interested in making a submission? We are still in need of a good many submissions!

This year will be the first year we accept RWD cars and larger cars like the Pontiac Grand Prix in order to please more people. Since the E-ZINE can be larger overall then print we hope to make everyone happy so that they can all find something they are interested in.

The first issue doesn't look like it will be to large but during the show season we hope ot have 50+ pages of content in the E-ZINE. We also want to make the web site larger and add helpful information there as well as more videos and extras!

I understand the business part of it. For me a online deal is not worth it. I want something in my hand.

FU Tuning

Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:25 PM
I understand its not for everyone. We also realize that we are not able to offer more content overall and it is now 6 issues a year instead of 4. Maybe you should get a laptop in the bathroom lol.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:40 PM
Domestic Driver Magazine wrote:
BoltZ22 wrote:Need anymore computer edited pics? and could it be a newer dodge charger? and what all are you expecting for details on it. considering most photoshops you could write a book on how you did everything.

We always enjoy a good chop. Yes it can be of the new charger. No write up with it is needed just a before and after picture and who we should give credit to. Be sure the before and after picture are both your own work and a high resolution.

well i guess i'm out then. none of the chops i have done have the before (original) pic owned by me. i've just found high res desktop backgrounds and whatnot off the net.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search