Arospeed Ecotect Header - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Arospeed Ecotect Header
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:21 PM
Pictures of the arospeed header.

$139.95 shipped from e-bay.
AroSpeed Header on E-bay
A lot like the RK-sport, and the Weapon R

It looks like a baked on ceramic coating.

Arospeed Part number: ARO800850C
Description: Arospeed Ceramic Header 02-04 Cavalier/Sunfire Ecotec J Body

Long equal length primaries with a 4-2-1 design. All gaskets and hardware are include but if you want to replace the exhaust manifold gasket you'll have to buy one from GM or another parts dealer. I was at autozone tonight and they do not carry them, but they do carry AC delco plats for 5.95

I'm assuming the end piece is there incase you want to replace the cat, or do a straight thru. Removing it allows for a direct bolt-on installation.

-Chris

Re: Arospeed Ecotect Header
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:27 PM
That is effin' hott....Something I will need to buy next year when I do motor work to
the eco

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:35 PM
me likey......

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:39 PM
so does it look like a good piece to have? or should i go with the pacesetter?

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:47 PM
that looks nice hmmmm.......

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:03 PM
it's definately not a cheap piece upon initial inspection. Good welds with a good coating on it. We'll see how fitment goes this weekend.

-Chris

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:04 PM
ah i just checked i think the guy is out because he stopped the bidding damn too late.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:09 PM
send him an e-mail he's pretty good about responses.

and also I forgot to mention, the best part would be that the silver coating matches my car

-Chris

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:10 PM
whats his e-mail addy?

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:12 PM
was thinking use the e-bay thingy.

But I got the Company info on the invoice.

Wheel People Distributors
WheelPeopleDistributors.com
3500 NW 77th Court
Miami, FL 33122
Tel: 305-254-0554

He ships real fast too.

-Chris

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:14 PM
thank you

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 7:28 PM
ummm... unless you have added a different cat, it's not gonna bolt up to the existing exhaust. the stock downpipe has a flange where it meets the stock manifold and the other flange is after the cat. the stock cat is welded right to the downpipe. that is why there is that little add on piece. it's there so you can weld it up to the stock cat. you'll have to cut your stock downpipe or add a high flow cat and have flanges welded up to it.

p.s. the little add on piece is bolted up the wrong way. unbolt it, rotate it 180 degrees and bolt it back up.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:19 PM
damn im going to order those as soon as possible. hows the fitment? oh and tell us how the coating is after they are on the car for a while

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:04 PM
That is awesome. I'm glad I orderd it. Hopefully be here by week end or early next week.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:11 PM
you have the piece that would hook up to the cat on upside down

and all the 2.4's and the eco do not have a flanged cat atleast where the header would hook to

hopefully that is a copy of the 1st design that rk had , or the 02 guys will have problems

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:21 PM
did they take them off ebay already? i was hoping they wouldnt figure out they could make more money off them till later after i had ordered mine but i think its too late. damn!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 4:16 AM
strat81 wrote:p.s. the little add on piece is bolted up the wrong way. unbolt it, rotate it 180 degrees and bolt it back up.

details details Thanks for the heads up. Actually when I first asembeled it I the first time I had the 2-1 on backwards.

-Chris

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:44 AM
I guess im the only one who doesnt like the primaries to merge so abrubtly

http://members.rankmyride.com/djtorello
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:59 AM
any pics of them installed yet????

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:23 AM
I work during the week unfortunately, I won't have installed pics till Saturday, Sunday at the latest, seeing as I need something to cut the stock downpipe with now. I've got a certified welder friend just a few houses away from my parents, so the 1 needed weld won't be a problem.

-Chris

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:37 PM
Sweet..........listening......

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 5:52 PM
cavipower1 wrote:did they take them off ebay already? i was hoping they wouldnt figure out they could make more money off them till later after i had ordered mine but i think its too late. damn!

yea he ended the auction early for somereason...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:33 PM
called arospeed today to try to order me some well this last batch they had is all they are going to make they arn't producing them anymore...damn. Looks like i'll have to settle for the pacesetter.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:37 PM
I emailed, they said they sold out of them all, kinda strange since the auction said they had 43 more.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:09 PM
so not even the seller on ebay has any more?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search