small update - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
small update
Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:41 PM
I managed to build my own intake using 50% stock parts cut and molded to fit; and the others I already had. Thing is I wanted it to be a short ram that would pick up cold air. To do this I needed to relocate the battery back and 90*... Again, with stuff I fabbed up out of my scrap metal pile. But at the same time I wanted to be able to reverse it if/when I get a turbo. I painted eveything up and reinstalled it. I even painted the inside on the intake. End result, I think it came out pretty good. I just need to do something about the valve cover breather, Can I just put one of those ricer mini-filters on it or does it need the vacume? It's all very solid and doesn't move or rub. It's VERY loud about 3500 - redline, it's almost kind of scary, but I don't rev on it much..(I love my car, and want it in one peice)
But anywho here is the pic's, I hosted them from cardomain.com, so, ya know.....

Feel free to bust my chops for the custom battery tie down, I can take it!

My Sunfire

Re: small update
Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:44 PM
sweet....good place for it, if you ever do some racing you could take the left headlight out and a lot of cool air will get in there.....idk how good that would work of if it makes a difference but i have seen it done.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:23 PM
Get a piece mandrel bent piping and a straight piece and have a muffler shop weld it together. Then paint it, itll look alot better.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:16 PM
the ridged part takes away from the intake efficiency
just get a silicone bend for like 20$ and slap it on there at least there will be no air turbulence!

Friday, September 16, 2005 6:44 AM
Yuck at the black part

Friday, September 16, 2005 10:59 AM
Scotty B wrote:Yuck at the black part

sunstealth wrote:the ridged part takes away from the intake efficiency
just get a silicone bend for like 20$ and slap it on there at least there will be no air turbulence!

It is in no way "Rigged" on there...BUT, I see what you all mean, I'm gonna stop by the hardware store tonight and see if I can improve it. If it does take away from the efficiency, it can't be much... ALOT less then stock!

My Sunfire
Friday, September 16, 2005 11:09 AM
5secondrule wrote:It is in no way "Rigged" on there...BUT, I see what you all mean, I'm gonna stop by the hardware store tonight and see if I can improve it. If it does take away from the efficiency, it can't be much... ALOT less then stock!

He said 'ridged', not 'rigged'

Sunday, September 18, 2005 5:21 PM
Oh my bad, to much spray paint lately... Anyway here is a new setup, and you were right, it flows much better!

My Sunfire
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search