So Many Bass Videos out there..My Turn - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So Many Bass Videos out there..My Turn
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 5:25 PM
O.K so here is the deal. I have 2 Kicker L7 15's in a sealed enclosure wired at 1ohm running off a hifonics colossus amp. The rattling is just nutz but I could never capture the movement well until now. The entire dash flexes but the camera moves so much it doesnt catch it until now.......Like your gatorade shaken??

I took 3 videos but only this one turned out. Look at the blue trim around the dash flexing. The bottle is not bouncing...thats the dash under it flexing up and down causing it to bounce.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=8093CEDB-A062-40BB-BBD6-D57994F8214C

Re: So Many Bass Videos out there..My Turn
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 5:36 PM
tight, have u had it metered?
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 5:37 PM
i think you should do it with an open soda bottle.
cool vid man.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 5:46 PM
IZN TRBL wrote:i think you should do it with an open soda bottle.
cool vid man.

I'm gonna try that tomorrow!!!!

I havent had it metered. It hits hard but I dont think it will do well in SPL. Its a sealed enclosure but, who knows?? Street Bass and SPL are different. I think I just have a nice street setup.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 5:46 PM
that was awesome,very nice

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 6:07 PM
Made the bottle turn to. not to shabby.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 6:18 PM
did that Dash part crack from the bass...or was that the factory defect that some people are trying to get GM to replace?

Sounds and looks killer...post a couple pics of the setup...i'd like to see what you're running

~Kilo

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 6:32 PM
no its that famous Jbody crack

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 6:47 PM
any way you could email it to me? i can never get videos to load from that site.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 7:26 PM
You have mail brandon

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 7:26 PM
very nice man, pics of setup plz? and how did u wire all ur neons up?

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 7:37 PM
I dont have any updated pics really. I'll get some tomorrow. I have a fiberglass enclosure for the trunk and one for the backseat. Both arent nearly done. Here is a pic of the rear enclosure:

The holes on each side are for yellow top batteries, the center on is for fuse holders, the mid amp in the center. The only difference to now and this pic is the rage gold is all over it now...kinda ugly all green and not sanded

Here is the front with the subs not mounted:

As for the neons...I basically have a 8ga power wire ran to this switch panel from the battery wired into a fuse box for each switch.

The neons are then wired in groups for example: underbodies(1) interior(2) strobes(3)trunk(4) and so on....so on. All of the switches control the lights and plus the remotes to the amps are wired here also for quick shut downs in case the police sneaks up on me. Currently this is a 10 switch panel. I have a 15 switch panel ready to go so it will give me more switches and cover where that TV mount used to be (stolen when the car was broken into)

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:08 PM
The rear cover sits like this right now:

Here are the front of the subs. A cover is being made for this also so you wont see the frame or lights...you'll just see the subs and my alien head somehow??

Trunk area....colussus just bolted down temporarily so I have some boom while I work on the apperance of it all. This will ultimately end up as part of the backseat delete with the tank for airride so it wont stay here.Marty at Soundzplus in warrenville IL is building doors and a custom rear deck for the car this winter or sooner maybe

kinda working in the backseat some?? Not much to see here for now

This is the alien head spoken of:

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:18 PM
didnt even knock it down....weaksauce

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:24 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:didnt even knock it down....weaksauce

HA HA I know right?? I'm gonna get one tomorrow with a different setup. Kinda curious what a bottle would do. Gonna use water instead just in case it does go everywhere. The bass tones used are 10 seconds. I have one with longer spurts...gonna get that one too. Should be fun.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:35 AM
hey man ive seen your car a couple times at hwy over the summer. I havent been up there much due to the fact of gas prices and suspended license. I dont need or want to get pulled over so i mainly just drive to work and stores. Other then that i try to keep it cool. but hey I love how your car looks in person from when ive seen it.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:39 AM
Z Speed Cavy wrote:hey man ive seen your car a couple times at hwy over the summer. I havent been up there much due to the fact of gas prices and suspended license. I dont need or want to get pulled over so i mainly just drive to work and stores. Other then that i try to keep it cool. but hey I love how your car looks in person from when ive seen it.

Thanks!!! I worked up there. I used to manage the Nextel Store next to applebees. I havent been there in 3 months. I didnt cruise the strip there either I just went straight home but late at night working there I saw some stupid stuff going on with cars flying by.

I once got pulled over leaving work...I made a right turn onto 100 heading to beloit and the cop lit me up. She came up and asked for my stuff and said loitering in these parking lots is illegal. I said "you mean the nextel store behind me?" she suprised the hell out of me by being a smart ass and saying "at least we are on the same page you have been ther for hours, and walked to her car".

She came back 15 minutes later and handed me a ticket. I told her there is no way she can write me a loitering ticket for that location.......she smirked and told me to read the laws. So I smirked and handed her a business card.....read that. It says retail manager....NEXTEL so I think I am authorized to park there as long as I want. I am an employee.

she took the ticket back and pulled off.,

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:20 PM
HA HA!!! owned. thats a great story.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:46 PM

holy@!#$!!! Kelly I need to hear it sometime! very very nice !

what you doin this weekend?

AREA 51 wrote:
Z Speed Cavy wrote:hey man ive seen your car a couple times at hwy over the summer. I havent been up there much due to the fact of gas prices and suspended license. I dont need or want to get pulled over so i mainly just drive to work and stores. Other then that i try to keep it cool. but hey I love how your car looks in person from when ive seen it.

Thanks!!! I worked up there. I used to manage the Nextel Store next to applebees. I havent been there in 3 months. I didnt cruise the strip there either I just went straight home but late at night working there I saw some stupid stuff going on with cars flying by.

I once got pulled over leaving work...I made a right turn onto 100 heading to beloit and the cop lit me up. She came up and asked for my stuff and said loitering in these parking lots is illegal. I said "you mean the nextel store behind me?" she suprised the hell out of me by being a smart ass and saying "at least we are on the same page you have been ther for hours, and walked to her car".

She came back 15 minutes later and handed me a ticket. I told her there is no way she can write me a loitering ticket for that location.......she smirked and told me to read the laws. So I smirked and handed her a business card.....read that. It says retail manager....NEXTEL so I think I am authorized to park there as long as I want. I am an employee.

she took the ticket back and pulled off.,

thats great!!!! lol,

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:55 PM
^^ Jason. call me dude. We are going to the volo museum ryan 'darkstars" posted pics on the org about. They are here somewhere in this forum. There are military vehicles, movie cars, and tons more. Its like $8.00 or so for admission. I have a group of about 7 to 8 people going. Its in northern IL maybe 30 min drive for us. Let me know if you wanna go? 262-206-3447

Thursday, September 01, 2005 12:31 AM
i love your car man

off subject i sent you an email awhile ago asking about your neons i read on another thread you posted on they were cathodes? do you have a link for there site i wanna get some bright red ones with the same output you get

Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:52 AM
thats a nice set up you got there.. i really like the idea of the swtich panel thats a freakin sweet location to mount it..... very origional.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:32 AM
jason rubito(beatz) wrote:i love your car man

off subject i sent you an email awhile ago asking about your neons i read on another thread you posted on they were cathodes? do you have a link for there site i wanna get some bright red ones with the same output you get

www.oznium.com

Please, when you order tell them you saw the AREA 51 car and came over. Phil (the owner) will like that.

These things are called cold cathodes. You can get a pair for like $7,00 or so. When you order your lights click the box under them and order 2 or 3 transformers (extras) also. They dont burn out but the ones they come with have a specified wire length. If you cut it the lights dim dramatically and the wires arent long enough to reach each side of the dash for example so you use one tube with one transformer on each side. Works great!!

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:36 AM
AREA 51 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:didnt even knock it down....weaksauce

HA HA I know right?? I'm gonna get one tomorrow with a different setup. Kinda curious what a bottle would do. Gonna use water instead just in case it does go everywhere. The bass tones used are 10 seconds. I have one with longer spurts...gonna get that one too. Should be fun.

I was gunna say dude, my single ported 15 set-up from way back could rumble stuff off the dash no problem. Then again I had a freak set-up as i've seen no other system move that much air (around my town).

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:53 AM
^^You are exactly correct there bud!!!

you could take one of these subs with the right ported setup....just one sub and blow mine away easily. I am losing a massive range of frequency just with a sealed enclosure. The other thing that hurts me is its so close in the vehicle that I dont get enough sound wave range to really create a loud thump. I should almost turn the subs around but that throws my whole plan into shambles.

You could probably take a kicker 12 with a ported box and do better than my setup. In the same car and exact scenario. I dont think ported would sound as good with the speaker noise coming out in a small area like our cars but it would definately rattle your teeth!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search