New cavvy pics!! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New cavvy pics!!
Monday, May 09, 2005 5:47 PM
Still got the ole sunfire but here is a couple pics i just snapped off of my cav i bought from Alex16cav..

Im thinkin the sides have been molded in where the is usually this hole thingy towards the rear. Anyone know for sure??

Interior as you can see if RUFF but it was worse. I need a dash pad and new carpet. Everything else is gonna be painted a light grey/tan coloer like the door panels ive installed.
But thats later to come. Now im just saving and searching for turbo parts etc. Anyways, suggestions and comments welcome.

BTW....if anyone wants to know what i gave for it, HOW BOUT 1500 BUCKS!!!!!

Re: New cavvy pics!!
Monday, May 09, 2005 6:21 PM
Bump*

Monday, May 09, 2005 7:13 PM
This Forum is going crazy but No one is posting here!!

Also, do you think i should keep the blitz front or get a drift or something?

Monday, May 09, 2005 7:16 PM
I have never really cared for the Blitz front end, unless there is a big ass Intercooler to fill it. The drift would look nice for it as well. Not a bad find for only 1500. Good Luck!

Monday, May 09, 2005 7:22 PM
Yes....there WAS an intercooler there about a month before i bought this beast. There will be one there shorty

Monday, May 09, 2005 8:07 PM
SHO OFF THERE IS A JUNK YARD THAT HAS A 03-04 FRONT DASH AND OTHER PARTS LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP YA OUT
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 4:17 AM
Would a 03-04 dash even work in my 97? I just need the top dash pad. Im gonna paint everything else.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 5:50 AM
i think its the same, not postive but mom has a 00 cav and my sister has a 04 cav and they all look the same inside

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 6:41 AM
so its not turbo anymore????

if its not that blows his car was bad ass..

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 4:29 PM
No its not.....But it will be in the NEAR FUTURE. Hope to have it turboed sometime this year.

I did get the intercooler pipes, MF2 with 2 440cc injectors w/pipe, manifold w/downpipe, wastegate and on the car still is a Walbro 255lph pump, accel FPR, spec stage 3 clutch, 2.5" cat back with magnaflow muffler (gonnd run it) and a monster tach Basically i need a Turbo, BOV, Intercooler, probably get a new wastegate, oil line and some vaccum line, some pipe (to finish charge pipes) and i have all the fittings i need (came with car). Basically got everything that had anything to do with the car for the price i stated above

Car only have 102k (yr 97)miles, cold air, and head was rebuilt 10k miles ago. New brakes, BRAND new battery, fairly new alt and ALPINE Alarm system. Kenwood cd player with polk audio speakers. Also had diamond plate mats (in the sunfire now) and green neons under dash with indiglo pedals (actually like it! Motegi MR12's wrapped in almost new Falken Azenis. Some dents and dings here and there but overall, its nice.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 4:34 PM
Why'd he take out the turbo stuff? That was a sweet car. Hopefully you get that thing back in there!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 4:36 PM
its a good looking car but i hate the front plate where it is.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 4:40 PM
I know, i have NO CLUE why he put that plate there BUT i have to have a front plate here in texas and i dont wanna have holes there now. The bumper needs some fiberglass work (due to me hitting truck tire crap in road) but i touched it up with touch up paint for now cuz i wanna do the motor and stuff before i start gettin picky with the exterior.

Why did he take the turbo stuff off? He sold some of it (for money i guess, I dunno). But half of it came with the car Guess he was in a good mood!!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:35 PM
Looks gayer than anything Ive ever seen...Who buys a teal car anyway?? Two fat thumbs DOWN!!!
Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:44 PM
Nice deal for only $1500. I wish I could have snagged it!

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3
Thursday, May 12, 2005 4:59 PM
Quote:

Looks gayer than anything Ive ever seen...Who buys a teal car anyway?? Two fat thumbs DOWN!!!
Umm, i dont see a teal car. I DO see a Manta Green though. And who buys one? Ask the 1000's of ppl here on the .org why they bought theres.

Coming from a guy who drives a TRAURUS and ONE GHETTO CAV!!

1991 Ford Taurus

Body Style: Sedan
Color: Baby Blue
Engine: V6
Transmission: Automatic
Interior: Dark Blue
Purchase Date: 11-10-02
Purchased From: Friend

MODIFICATIONS

Engine:

* Custom Made Short Ram Air intake
* Bosch Platinum Plugs
* Bosch Wires

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:

* My Kameleon Painted Z24 Rims

Exterior:

* Few Vinyl Stickers <------------------HA!!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 6:44 PM
^ ummm....you must have missed the WRX in his profile huh.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:39 PM
Dang for $1500 you really got a steal man! Alex's car was THE car that got me into cavaliers.... (good or bad) after seeing his videos i knew i wanted to turbo my car, and hopefully that will come true in the future. One thing tho, i could have SWORE his car was a 5spd......

Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:51 PM
hstylez, look closer! he has a clutch pedal!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 9:42 PM
Ok first thing I noticed was -- Ridiculous looking automatic shifter

then-- three pedals.... what???

If thats not an automatic shifter then I dunno what is...

sweet car for 1500, thats like a set of wheels and a drop. drive that thing into the ground for a year and you got more than your money worth.

paint looks like its in good shape still too, 1500 is insane!

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Friday, May 13, 2005 2:26 AM
Its a 5-speed with Spec Stage III CLutch. Automatic shifter? Just has no Boot on it. Guess thats why it looks like that.

I got an offer on selling it yesterday so it might be going already. I told the guy 2800 Cash and its his (probably could ask for more but eh). I will find out this evening. Its just to freaking hard to mod 2 cars when you wanna do more to the other. The sunfire needs a body kit and i need to yank the motor out and have fun but i dont have the cash to do both. I will keep everyone updated on what happens!

Friday, May 13, 2005 10:50 AM
i agree with what hstylez said. that car was a huge motivation to me, and was the shieeet.

red96....i wrote up a how-to on what you need to do that car. here ya go.....

step 1:do this

step 2:do this

Friday, May 13, 2005 5:42 PM
WOAH! Never saw those pics before, THANKS!! Yes i love this car but my sunfire is my pride and joy and the nicer of the two (body wise etc.). With the money im making off the cavalier im buying the streetfire kit and saving for the turbo stuff for the sunfire!! I have an extra head im about to start workin on and when i do im gonna pull the head and pan and throw some forged pistons in with some eagle rods with all new bearings along with new lifters, timing chain etc and the head will all be new. I would like to run around 6-10 easily/daily driven and be able to push it to 15 on the dyno (rarely but have the capabilities to).

Im tyring to think what i wanna take off the cavalier to keep. Probably gonna keep the Tach, FPR and maybe swap wheels with my sunfire, i dunno.

Anyways, this car is being sold to an individual who has OWNED 37 cars and hes my age. I know him and he goes through them fast. Hope he doesnt destroy it. Anyways im ramblin

Friday, May 13, 2005 9:12 PM
what makes you think I would destroy it ? thats not nice !
Saturday, May 14, 2005 10:45 AM
Hey whats up man. When i say destroy, i mean just not take care of it. Thats all!! Ive seen people have cars and flat out Destroy them (like that black civic!). This car has had a good life, lets keep it that way!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search