Cluster Questions??Please help - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cluster Questions??Please help
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:44 AM
Ok so when i went to the junk yard i found a 95 cavalier with the tach in it so i took it.

So when i got it all working now my daytime running lights won't come on and the brights light says on till you hit the knob to
flip them off the brights than the day time running lights light comes on

can some one help is there any repining that i have to do to the cluster?

thanks

Re: Cluster Questions??Please help
Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:56 PM
some help me please

Friday, September 26, 2008 12:48 PM
There shouldn't be any problem with the cluster, but I think maybe while doing the swap with the cluster you messed up the lighting switch. My guess is to replace the headlight switch to fix the problem. Also check the fues for the DLR's in the fuse block in the car. Let me know how that goes, but it is very common problem I've seen over the years.

Friday, September 26, 2008 4:33 PM
95 cluster will only work in an 95. you need to get on from a 96 - 98.

Friday, September 26, 2008 6:54 PM
White 4 Doors wrote:95 cluster will only work in an 95. you need to get on from a 96 - 98.

Not quite true, and I'm a little unsure why, but I ran a 98 cluster in my 95 for over a year, and it worked flawlessly.
However, I'm surprized that the 95 is allowing the car to run, because the 95's did not have the theft system that the 96+ has involving the cluster.

I actually think there is something in the cluster or the car that sets itself when it first gets power, because one of the times I swapped a cluster, I remember having a problem with the highs and another light, and disconnecting it and reconnecting it fixed it. I believe the high beams have to be off when the cluster first gets power, or it will think it's reversed or something. I never really screwed around with it to figure out why it happened, but once I unplugged it and replugged it in, I never had another problem with it.

Saturday, September 27, 2008 8:40 AM
OK ill try to unplug and replug ya its a late 95 might also be a really early 96 but idk

Saturday, September 27, 2008 9:53 AM
OK tried it don't work!

Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:44 PM
just blackout the highbeam indicator. u just got a drl disable the easy way.

If it can't drag, it ain't low enough!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 8:15 AM
^ Ya but i would like it the right way

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:40 PM
OK i just got a cluster from a 1996 for my 95 because i wanted a tach...i searched for a while and did not really find anything...
Like was said before the high beam indicator is reversed and i wish there was a way to fix it. or is there a way???
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search