Sunroof motor dead - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunroof motor dead
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:56 PM
This really irritates me. I got a '04 Cavalier LS sport, only 30,000 miles and the sunroof motor's dead. I haven't even had the car 2 years yet. I joined j-body when I bought the car but haven't posted a whole lot just because I post at a lot of other forums, but I Figured this would be the best place to get some feedback. So whats the best way of going about getting this fixed? I need to get it taken care of ASAP because the roof's open. Is this pretty easy to fix on your own? is their a place where I can buy a motor pretty cheap? How much do shops or dealerships charge for replacing the unit? My wife has a mechanic she generally takes her cars too, little locally owned independant business, so I might take it there, but if its like something thats cake to replace then I might pass. Just needs some sort of feedback. Thanks.

Re: Sunroof motor dead
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:09 PM
get it from auto zone/advanced auto/pepboys. u can do it urself just drop the head liner and swap them out. and if ur worried about weather till u get one u can always ghetto it and wrap a trash bag over the roof. just a idea but its simple to swap (n cheap). just take the visors out(3screws) and take the a pillars(front post covers out) and pull down the weater stripping and ull see it ill post a pic up in a while of what ull see.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:15 PM

heres what ull want to end up with and in the middle right of the pic ull see the motor.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:46 PM
Cool! Great advice! Anyone got a Faq/write up on how to do this? I'll go check with autozone tommorrow. Come to think of it I have a repair manual for my old '98 sunfire, I imagine not much has changed in that area so it might tell me how to do it. Seems to me all GM vehicles have that exact same sunroof.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search