Gauge Face Wirind - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gauge Face Wirind
Friday, September 12, 2008 1:58 AM
I know that you have to wire the power wire to glo gauge faces to the brown wire coming out of the signal arm. The problem is, I don't see which of the three brown wires in the column that is. Could someone please pop the top off their column, take a pic, circle where they tapped in, and post it. I'm used to installing plain jane white faces and I'm just about to the point of running a new power wire and a rocker switch.

If it can't drag, it ain't low enough!

Re: Gauge Face Wirind
Friday, September 12, 2008 5:11 AM
If you can pop out the dimmer switch, use a test light to find the instrument lighting power wire and tap into it.

Friday, September 12, 2008 10:16 AM
Thats just it. I dont want to take half the dash apart again to get to a wire when I know there is supposed to be another wire I can get to easier.

Friday, September 12, 2008 10:40 AM
Ok. I couldn't remember exactly how the dimmer switches were in those. The 95-99 Sunfire dimmer switch pops out of the dash easily.

Friday, September 12, 2008 11:08 AM
Yeah, on cavs you gotta take out the top center vent, the dash pad, and the side panels in order to get the face of the dash out to access the wires....sucks lol.

Friday, September 12, 2008 6:36 PM
Skydime wrote:Yeah, on cavs you gotta take out the top center vent, the dash pad, and the side panels in order to get the face of the dash out to access the wires....sucks lol.

It's a little bit of a PITA since your dash is already back together, but tapping into the dimmer output is the best place to hook into. IIRC, the wire in the column is pre-dimmer.

Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:50 AM
ah dammit...lol. That would have been handy for someone to have told me before I posted this... Thanks man.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search