Swapping out dome light? 3 bulb to single bulb.. - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Swapping out dome light? 3 bulb to single bulb..
Saturday, May 20, 2006 12:06 PM
Alright, right now my dome light is removed with my headliner cuz im redoing the whole thing and this summer i plan to try and get it halfway complete.. my question is can i swap my 3 bulb dome light to a signal bulb.. i think the big bulbs are actually the same size.. would i even need to rewire? could i just get the dome assembly and cover and just put it in and plug in just the signal bulb and cap off the other remaining wires?
cuz i mean this seems like it would be the answer but.. it just seems to easy lol..
reason why becuz im rewrapping it and instead of using the dome lights im painting it and put a green bulb or LED in there..or would it be easier to take my current dome light assembly cut it and fiberglass a smooth bowl and just mount some green LEDs in it? I plan to paint the dome light cover black with leaving Manta Z in it to illuminate green when lite.. So u wont even see most of it.. i just dont like teh 3 bulb layout cuz it would interfer with centering Manta Z and lighting it up evenly and bright..

Re: Swapping out dome light? 3 bulb to single bulb..
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:56 AM
I just used a 194 led from superbrightleds.com and it lugged right in. Although one of the leds stays on all the time...doesnt really bother me though...bright when it comes on though.
Re: Swapping out dome light? 3 bulb to single bulb
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:24 AM
Well what i decided to do was just get a single bulb housing dome light and cover.. and only use the 912 bulb in it.. SuperbrightLEDs.com now makes a 912 LED so i plan on using that in the dome light.. But all ill do is cut off the wiring i dont need..

Re: Swapping out dome light? 3 bulb to single bulb
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 3:03 PM
and tape it up so it doesn't ground out.
j

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search