Pedal Choices - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pedal Choices
Monday, May 22, 2006 11:20 AM
I recently installed my 4 blue 12" cold cathodes (ill post pics tonight when it gets darker), and realized my stock torn up pedals look like ass. Did some searching and could only find posts regaurding pedals in the archives and lacking the info i need, but they helped.

im looking at getting the "Sparco Stripes" pedals, but have a question does any one know any jbo dealers that sell these? Also if you have any suggestions on other pedels that fit good and wont fall off like the pepboys crap i tried before. Im mainly looking for a pedal that is bolted on/thru the original pedal, not they type that use "arms" that are tightend with a screw driver.

Re: Pedal Choices
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:23 AM
no help/suggestions? guess everyone is rocking stock.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:20 PM
I used to have these pedals that had these illuminated blue flames on them, and they were kick ass looking. Those were bolted on via arms, but they never budged an inch until the day I took them off cause it shorted out, LOL. Then I went to the steel w/carbon fiber inserts ones from Pepboys, and those things wouldn't stay on for the life of me, so I took those off too, lol. Yet my friend got a similar set, and screwed them on by drilling through the pedal itself to attach th thing, and again, it hasn't budged an inch.

If you like the look of the pedal covers, they will work for you, but you just have to come up with a better method of attaching it besides the tiny ass screwes and double sided tape they come with, lol. Like I said, if you drill through the pedal itself, the hole will be tiny, but the covers won't come off., or you could try using different arms, etc. It'll work out.

If you like stock though, just go to a GM part dealer and order the stock pedal covers new so they don't look worn and raggety.. I bought mine through my dealership and it cost me $12 for a clutch, brake and accel pedal.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:32 PM
first mod i did to my car was the pedals, bought some sparcos. jrponline.com sells them. i drilled two holes in each backing plate on the stock pedals and screwed the pedals on. used some locktite, they haven't moved a bit. dont drill into the core metal piece just the backing plates and you should be fine (there's a nut that needs to go on the back)

14.82 @ 97 mph
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search