Need Sunvisor Advice - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Sunvisor Advice
Monday, May 22, 2006 9:54 AM
I dyed the headliner graphite - looks awesome, but of course the visors do NOT match.

I have been checking on eBay and have found some nice visors out of an S-10 pickup -no idea if they will fit. Does anyone know?

Any other options for working with these?

I burned them slightly while using a heat gun to remove the airbag decals, so spraying them is no longer an option.

I got a quote of 40/each to recover them in an upholstery shop but the material he plans to use is really thick and I don't know if I'll be happy with that.

I am NOT a sewing kind of guy, so doing it myself with new fabric is probably not happening.

Anyway, just looking for whatever you guys can come up with. WHY in the name of GOD did GM make my interior graphite and the upper parts all TAN?

Thanks!

Steve

Blue Cav Customs has been ABSORBED! By A Plus Performance!

Re: Need Sunvisor Advice
Monday, May 22, 2006 10:25 AM
BlueCavCustoms wrote:I dyed the headliner graphite - looks awesome, but of course the visors do NOT match.

I have been checking on eBay and have found some nice visors out of an S-10 pickup -no idea if they will fit. Does anyone know?

Any other options for working with these?

I burned them slightly while using a heat gun to remove the airbag decals, so spraying them is no longer an option.

I got a quote of 40/each to recover them in an upholstery shop but the material he plans to use is really thick and I don't know if I'll be happy with that.

I am NOT a sewing kind of guy, so doing it myself with new fabric is probably not happening.

Anyway, just looking for whatever you guys can come up with. WHY in the name of GOD did GM make my interior graphite and the upper parts all TAN?

Thanks!

Steve

i sprayed the parts black (the hardware) and recovered it with material and a cotton/poly batting cause my material is real thin, and hot glue the fabric ends (the parts that get folded inside and not seen) to the cardboard just walking my way around the visor till it was tight, folded it and put a big glob of glue along the inside to keep it together, cost me maybe 8 bucks for the material/batting. only got one done sofar due to i drive my car into the sun almost daily and dont wanna have to go without it, being i tend to lag on getting it done (took me 3 weeks to actually do my pass one even thou i had it out already.

Re: Need Sunvisor Advice
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:59 AM
Seriously. There's no sewing involved. Just glue.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search