Just finished with arm rest and map holder - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just finished with arm rest and map holder
Sunday, May 21, 2006 4:43 PM
Well I just finished the arm rest and map holders on the front doors. Was a pain in the a$$ putting the door panel back together though. It turned out pretty good. Now I have to tape off other parts of the door and paint the panels to a color more my liking. I want my entire enterior of the car black. Up next is the rear door arm rests, the visors, and the headliner.

Re: Just finished with arm rest and map holder
Sunday, May 21, 2006 4:53 PM
no pics?

Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:52 PM
got some pics?
Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:25 PM
So did you pop off all of the plastic welds then, and then did whatever you did to them, and then put it all back together. I would be interested to hear how you did that.
Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:51 PM
Used a dremel to remove the plastic welds and put them back in with a hot glue gun, and an a$$ load of hot glue. I would use liqued nails next time. I plan on painting the rest of the door panels, so using hot glue this time was not a waste, just temporary. Sorry there are no pics, my compression agent on my computer is not working, I have to get it working or a new one. I put viynl over the arm rests and inside the map holders, black viynl. I am going to do the entire interoir in black. Fits my personality.
Monday, May 22, 2006 6:20 AM
When i replaced my map pocket inserts with diamond plate i cut off all the plastic welds and then drilled small holes in places where you cant see it from the outside of the door and used small wire ties to hold the diamond plate in place. They are easy to replace if you ever need to unlike the hot glue where it can be a mess.

Monday, May 22, 2006 11:42 AM
Thanks for the info. I do plan on painting the rest of the door panel though, and yes the passenger door around the handle to open the door looks like a$$, due to the hot glue. When I go to paint the panels I will not be using the hot glue to replace the panels back together. Just looks like #$%@ to me.
Monday, May 22, 2006 12:00 PM

Monday, May 22, 2006 4:24 PM
Ozzie(aka LED KING) wrote:

x2

Monday, May 22, 2006 5:00 PM
My compression agent can not get it small enough to post any pics
Monday, May 22, 2006 5:32 PM
its called paint!!!!!!!

Monday, May 22, 2006 7:21 PM
here's the pics, i shrunk em down for him

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Monday, May 22, 2006 7:24 PM
looks better than anything i could do! i like it a lot!
Monday, May 22, 2006 7:36 PM
looks a lot like what i am doing with mine. nice job except i dont like how you left the glue around the edges.
other than that, it looks good

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Monday, May 22, 2006 9:13 PM
Yeah, the glue around the edges is going away. The rest of the door panels I plan on painting. At that point That panel will get put on correctly. Also, tha prowler, thanks for your help on getting those posted.
Monday, May 22, 2006 9:26 PM
Okay, I figured it out. How to get the pictures down to size to post them. There will not be a problem with that again. I apologize to everyone. Especially tha prowler. But again thanks bro.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search