prob w/ door panels - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
prob w/ door panels
Sunday, May 21, 2006 1:08 PM
i'm putting sunfire panels on my cav. i put the panels on, but the holes for the screws that run along the bottom aren't lining up. why? i got a 99 cav and got the panels of a 98 sunfire. i tried putting the bottom on first and pulling the panel up to get it to fit the top, but that didn't seem to work very well. advice? solutions?

Re: prob w/ door panels
Sunday, May 21, 2006 2:05 PM
I've never done this before, but if you have it on and it fits, but the holes dont line up, why not just drill new holes? MAybe the holes are not suppose ot line up between fires and cavs. Hopefully someone else can comment on this.

Wide Body Progress

Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:03 PM
even once you do get it lined up the door isnt going to close bc it will hit the dash. unless of coarse you swapped the dash also.

Old Write Up
Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:23 PM
Ummm...for starters, to put on the door panels, you have to slide it on from the top to get it clipped in, then you screw it in at the bottom...and like the above says, you need the dash for it to fit correctly.
Monday, May 22, 2006 3:32 AM
well.. 95-05 sunfire and cavalier doors are all the same.. main difference is 2dr and 4dr cuz the 4dr doors arent as long.. so i would think the holes would line up fine.. but yeh just get some self tapping screws and put them through the holes and just theyll just make their own holes.. no biggie..

Monday, May 22, 2006 8:22 AM
if you change the panels dont you have to change the dash also?

Monday, May 22, 2006 9:05 AM
i know you have to change the dash too, but i'm going a different route. i'm just gonna modify the door panel and keep my cav dash. (try to anyway). me and manta think alike. but when i did the test fit the window crank didn't even stick out like it should have and the bottom of the panel didn't line up with the door sill.. even though the clips were in, the panel didn't seem to go back far enough and i removed the metal mounting bracket from the door. gonna try something different tonite. i'm gonna test fit the other side prior to mocking the fab work to see what happens.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search