Reupholstering sun Visors - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reupholstering sun Visors
Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:43 PM
Im thinking of reupholstering my run visors I just had one question. Do they come apart simply by seperating the two pieces sandwhiched together?

Re: Reupholstering sun Visors
Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:45 PM
yes. They are relatively easy to do! I just got mine completed.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:59 PM
I did mine as well with some headliner material from yourautotrim.com One thing - when I did mine the edges didn't glue together the best so I sewed the two halves together around the outside and it looks much better.

Friday, May 12, 2006 5:11 AM
PICS

Friday, May 12, 2006 5:50 AM
Not the best pic. The passanger side needs redone. I over did the adhesive some in spots and it showed through the fabric. But not bad for a first time.

Friday, May 12, 2006 6:00 AM
thats a big pic

Friday, May 12, 2006 10:39 AM
I forgot to resize it when I copied it over. Should be fixed in about the time this is posted or shortly there after. haha.

Friday, May 12, 2006 10:47 AM
How does one go about getting the two pieces apart for reupholstering? Especially if one has factory mirrors on one's visors.

=D

My Car Domain Page

Friday, May 12, 2006 2:20 PM
you just seperate the folded section. then the mirrors slide right out. i got rid of my mirrors when i re-covered mine. mirrors can easily be put back on, but i didnt feel like taking the time to paint the whole mirror piece.

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Friday, May 12, 2006 3:09 PM
Mine had the problem of having that damn airbag sticker on it. So, i tore off the fabric spray painted the carboard center black and taped the ends together.

finally i got the stuff to redo them right

first my fabric.

and since it is a thin fabric and i wanted it to look clean i got some cotton batting

your basic wrap the cardboard and hot glue the sandwich.

i hope to do it some time next week im going to the mountains this weekend.

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:14 PM
damn language filter pwnt my links.

Friday, May 12, 2006 7:10 PM
I redid mine when I dyed the headliner, pretty simple, just remove mirrors (they slide up and out I think), and pull apart. I think I used a butter knife to seperate them just because I wasn't sure and I wanted to be safe, but they are just glued together. Then I just used hot glue to get them to stick back together. No problems with them yet.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 12:03 PM
Cool.. I might mess with that this week.

Thanks =D

My Car Domain Page

Sunday, May 14, 2006 8:53 PM
I'm actually going to done mine again shortly...

I'll take some pics of how I'm doing mine...

I'm pretty much taking off the stock fabric, tracing the fabric onto some vinyl. Then I'm sewing it all around (leaving one side open to slide the visor into) (like a pillow case). then sewing it shut afterwards...

start off doing 85% of it inside out, so you don't see the seam lines.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search