tach cluster - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tach cluster
Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:07 AM
hello again everyone... i've been searching high and low, at the local yards and the ones out of state... on e-bay and our own classifieds to no avail.... i'm looking for anyone who has access to a cluster from a 96-ish MANUAL cavalier WITH the tach. there used to be five local scrap yards in my town, but now the only one left just got purchased by a furnature retailer... so they're pretty dried up. does anybody know anybody who might know a guy whose brother in law has a chance of knowing where i might locate one of these (supposed) rare items? been looking everywhere for at least a year now... thanks...

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!

Re: tach cluster
Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:06 PM
Yeah theres a guy nearby my town in Eleanor, West Virginia that has a bunch of Cavalier stuff. Meadows Body Shop (304) 586-4374. Tell him Mike Thornton, Rex's boy, sent ya lol. Im about to call him up for a 99 Z cluster, about to swap mine just trying to figure out if its plug and play which i believe it is.

I root for the underdog...figured I might as well be one

Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:48 PM
i got one for ya... have to double check if it still works but its a cdn one... so if ur going to get an overlay it would work nicely ..
Thursday, May 11, 2006 4:00 PM
Sounds like a plan to me... If it will work in my car i'll take it. Send me an email with the price and if possible a picture. lazarine_wyvren@yahoo.com

Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:19 PM
plug and play from 99z to 99 base model

Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:24 PM
Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:26 PM
And while i'm at it can anyone tell me what years will swap into my car as a direct fit? I want to keep my drls and my mechanical odo. Thanks...

Friday, May 12, 2006 4:10 AM
the tumbler can be swapped out. i swapped mine out of my old cluster when i got a new one

Friday, May 12, 2006 4:22 AM
I know on certain years the tumblers can be swapped out, but on the 99+ i think it had the digital odo... And if you use a 95 on anything newer i thought i read somewhere that it makes the drls stop working... Which is why i asked which ones can be directly swapped

Friday, May 12, 2006 2:58 PM
anybody? starting to get desparate...

Saturday, May 13, 2006 3:59 AM
Nobody knows the years that are interchangeable?

Sunday, May 14, 2006 7:35 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search