removing vinyl from upper door panel - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
removing vinyl from upper door panel
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 4:43 PM
i screwed up and painted the door panels last year. And It turned into the super Fly paper. haha So i decided to try and remove the vinyl part. Anyone know of any easy ways of removing it? i'm working on pulling it off but seeing this is gonna take a long time to pull it all apart.

Re: removing vinyl from upper door panel
Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:34 PM
honestly I got a dull knife and edged it all the way over the top and it peels it off along with the white net looking stuff that holds it on. Its a huge PITA but it works. You don't really have too many options

Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:45 PM
That is what I was afraid of. Stupid stuff.

Monday, May 15, 2006 7:10 AM
you can dye it

Monday, May 15, 2006 1:40 PM
Or you could go to a junkyard and get some 2k + door panels. One peice and plastic.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Monday, May 21, 2007 8:50 PM
Zach Hilton wrote:Or you could go to a junkyard and get some 2k + door panels. One peice and plastic.

SPEAKING OF!
Can anyone tell me how to get the door panel apart on a 2003 cavalier?
I have the vinyl on the very top, and then plastic and a bit of carpet... I am trying to repaint it, but I took all the screws off from around the sides of the door, but nothing gave way. I want to paint just the window handle (yes it's manual handle) and the plastic directly behind the door handle, but I dont know how to take it off...
Anyone done it before, or have any suggestions?

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:57 AM
The handle will come off if you use a rag to wedge behind it (I think usually from the side oposite the crank, but you can just fiddle with it till you get it.). There is a C-clip that you have to knock out of place, then the handle comes off. Or you can go to an auto parts store and get the handle remover for like $6. For the door panel, did you remove the screws inside the pull handle?

Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:56 AM
Jay Corkum wrote:2003 cavalier
I have the vinyl on the very top.

huh? as far i knew only 95-99 cavs had the 2-piece panels with the vinyl on top, and the 00+ had one piece plastic panels.

was your car wrecked?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search