Power windows - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Power windows
Sunday, March 26, 2006 1:15 PM
I checked out this post about swapping to power windows, i think all i need is these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-02-CHEVY-CAVALIER-Window-Regulator-w-Motor-LH-FRT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33706QQitemZ8042181930QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

and the switches. This cannot be that hard, im expecting the hardest part would be mounting the regluator?? Or is there already a regulator in there thats moved by the handel. Does anyone have any tips or pics?

Re: Power windows
Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:46 PM
its easy, drill out old regulator, bolt in new one, run wiring, tap into the stock wires, wire up switch and done

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:54 PM
That is just for the drivers side, it would cost twice that much. I'm thinking about getting them from a junkyard.
Sunday, March 26, 2006 10:29 PM
Seriously. Get em from a yard and save yourself about 40-50 bucks...

Monday, March 27, 2006 8:42 AM
ya, i will, can i get the wires with it, cause it looks like the bottom of the window switches is a clip with wires, its not just a positive and nevative set up.....

Monday, March 27, 2006 12:36 PM
just change doors...

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Monday, March 27, 2006 10:07 PM
i got mine from a junkyard from a 03 sunfire. got the switches and both regulators but no wiring and no connectors. i had a friend (dave 2uniq) come over and i used a test light to figure out which terminal was which, got the 7 different colors of wire i needed from home depot and soldered all my connections. put them in over the summer and have yet to have a problem

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:13 AM
Incase you need a connector to match up to the factory regulators, i would use AC delco part PT407. you can order it from Napaonline.com, for $14 each.. The napa part # is ECHEC86. Snaps right in to the factory regulators and only two wires to hook up.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:26 AM
actually im thinking about getting my setup from my work since i work at a auto part store lol

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search