6.5" speaker dilemma! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
6.5" speaker dilemma!
Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:23 PM
alright, so i have 2 pioneer 6.5" speakers sitting in my garage. they're pretty nice but i don't know where to put them? yes i thought about the door panel but i already have the same ones in them already... my trunk has subs already and my rear deck has new 6x9's too... any idea as to where i could put 2x 6.5" speakers!? i thought about kickpanels but ANY ideas would be more than appreciated! thanks guy!

Re: 6.5" speaker dilemma!
Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:55 PM
Maybe the rear quarter panels in the back seat? I've seen a lot of members put stuff there...
Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:06 PM
idk man go sit int the car and just look around! find spots were you can put them.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:56 PM
2 words......

Kick Panals.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 10:07 PM
u can always sell them to me im lookin for a set

Monday, March 27, 2006 6:01 AM
Im sharin this guys problem, i got a pioneer head unit, two six by nines and two six inch for my birthday, and i put the six by nines in the rear deck already, but i dont have ne idea what i want to do with the six inch speakers. i WAS thinkin the rear quarter panels, but how would you mount those? and what kind of sound quality could you expect form that? thinkin out loud
sorry about the huge sig...i need to fix that.

Monday, March 27, 2006 9:03 AM
if you want it louder just stick them anywhere they will fit. but that doesnt nessicarily mean it will sound better, when you want an accurate sound system more doesnt mean better, more ussulaly means worse. i'd personally sell them myself because a great system shouldn't need a ton of speakers, some of the best systems in the world only use 6 speakers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, March 27, 2006 1:23 PM
sndsgood wrote:if you want it louder just stick them anywhere they will fit. but that doesnt nessicarily mean it will sound better, when you want an accurate sound system more doesnt mean better, more ussulaly means worse. i'd personally sell them myself because a great system shouldn't need a ton of speakers, some of the best systems in the world only use 6 speakers.

X2... Go post in the audio forum and they will tell you the same thing.

Wide Body Progress

Monday, March 27, 2006 1:54 PM
i was thinkin about custom fabin' a door panel housing...
like, cut out that gay grating on the door, cutting a circle out of that area to mount the speaker in....
using a plywood or plastic circle, glue that where i wanted the speaker at....
and use kitty hair (or whatever filler i had) to fill in the gaps around it....
the fiberglassing over that and repainting the door panel...
of course id have to sand the whole door but i think it would be worth it..
whats ure opinion?
AND DOES NEONE KNOW WHY MY SIG IS SO FRICKIN HUGE?!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:07 AM
That actually what I did with my speakers, but I'm gonna fiberglass some pods into my doors for them soon tho.

I'll try to get some pics of the door with the cutout later today.

Wide Body Progress

Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:36 PM
what kind of material is that piece made out of? i cant really tell.....

Thursday, March 30, 2006 2:18 PM
Brandon Crawford wrote:what kind of material is that piece made out of? i cant really tell.....

It's just a piece of scrap wood I had lyin around, but most people use MDF board.

Wide Body Progress

Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:32 PM
ah. i thought it was wood, but i couldnt tell if it was plastic or somethin'. how did you get that to fit? and how does it sound, cuz if that works, im definitley considering doin that...

Re: 6.5
Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:56 PM
Brandon Crawford wrote:ah. i thought it was wood, but i couldnt tell if it was plastic or somethin'. how did you get that to fit? and how does it sound, cuz if that works, im definitley considering doin that...

Sounds really good. I'm actually workin on making pods in my door panel to house them now though. But anyways, not hard to make. I just measured the speaker and cutout the circle in the middle of the wood. Then meaures and cut the wood so that it would fit with my door panel on.

Since my speakers were a little deeper, I added small wood spaces behind the mount. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Wide Body Progress

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:59 PM
so about how thick is that piece of wood? it looks like about an inch or a half inch..
thanks man

Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:06 PM
Yea, prob about 1/2". Like I said, it was not thick enough for me, so I added some small pieces of wood as spacer behind it when I mounted it. In the third pic if you look at the top right corner you can see the corner of the spacer.

Wide Body Progress

Friday, March 31, 2006 9:47 PM
That's the same place I put my tweets Slimmatic. It's like night and day difference. Did the door panel particle board adapter for some Pioneer 6 1/2s too.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 5:22 AM
mike crawford wrote:That's the same place I put my tweets Slimmatic. It's like night and day difference. Did the door panel particle board adapter for some Pioneer 6 1/2s too.

Yea, I really liked my tweets there at first, but after havin them there for a year and gettin subs, it kinda seems like they are too much where they were located. I am working on my door panels, and here is where they wil be once I'm done with my doors.

Wide Body Progress

Saturday, April 01, 2006 9:29 PM
SliMMaTiC (Tom Sylvester) wrote:
mike crawford wrote:That's the same place I put my tweets Slimmatic. It's like night and day difference. Did the door panel particle board adapter for some Pioneer 6 1/2s too.

Yea, I really liked my tweets there at first, but after havin them there for a year and gettin subs, it kinda seems like they are too much where they were located. I am working on my door panels, and here is where they wil be once I'm done with my doors.

I know what you mean, but the tweets are the only thing on my headunit so i just fade them out a little, otherwise it would be a little much.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search