Help Me!! Another Power Window Question!! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help Me!! Another Power Window Question!!
Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:41 PM
Okay, I know this topic has been posted over & OVER again but I still haven't had any luck with it. I have a power window kit installed in my car from a local dealer. The switches are crappy so I bought a factory switch from the dealership. My question is how do I know which pin on the bottom of the factory switch is which? There are 7 pins in the bottom of the switch. How do I know which pin controls what? I've seen some of the diagrams posted on here but I still don't understand the schematics. The kit I have now has two separate switches each with about 6 pins on the bottom. I'm pretty sure I can figure out what these control. I just can't figure out this switch!! I've looked for a factory harness at the local junk yards with no luck. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

Re: Help Me!! Another Power Window Question!!
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:51 PM
I'll be honest. With things like this I use the old trial and error method.

Check me out on cardomain
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:10 PM
Could u possible fry something by doin the trial and error method? like the motors or the switches?

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:09 PM
Ryan Shissler wrote:Could u possible fry something by doin the trial and error method? like the motors or the switches?

Yes, most likely.

I'll see if i can find somethin.

-Seth

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:21 PM
I sent you a pdf.
If it still doesn't make sense, hit me up on IM (screen names in my profile).

-Seth

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:59 PM
Appreciate it guys. I tried trial & error before... Got the windows to go down, not up then all of a sudden my wires started smoking!! Burned the heck out of the harness.... Got it replaced & now I'm back to the drawing board... I'ma give it a whirl again though in a few days....

Seth, appreciate the diagram man. I already had it from another member but I'll study i t again & see if I can figure something out....
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:12 PM
Steven Holliday wrote:Appreciate it guys. I tried trial & error before... Got the windows to go down, not up then all of a sudden my wires started smoking!! Burned the heck out of the harness.... Got it replaced & now I'm back to the drawing board... I'ma give it a whirl again though in a few days....

Seth, appreciate the diagram man. I already had it from another member but I'll study i t again & see if I can figure something out....

Weird I did the trial and error and had no problems...

Check me out on cardomain
Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:05 PM
I think the kit I have is just crap... I'm thinking about just buying two rotors off Ebay & just running my own wires... Anyone got experience with that?
Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:52 PM
Pick up a set of spal window switches or any universal window switch set and run the wires. Its 2 wires to the motor 1 to ground 1 to lights 1 to accesory and if i remeber right the last wire is in the harness itself to switch up and down polarity. It comes with a diagram if anything ill draw up a pic or take a pic of how i have my wires ran when i get my car back from the shop.

Also did your car come with stock power windows or did you have crank style windows?
Saturday, April 08, 2006 8:05 PM
Came with manual windows. I think I'm gonna end up breaking down & getting a SPAL kit. Was trying to salvage this kit I have now but I think I'm gonna upgrade... Bubba, if & when I get a SPAL kit can you help me with the wiring?
Sunday, April 09, 2006 4:35 AM
holliday hit me up tuesday and you can look at my harness....a factory one...803-408-0743....anytime after 5 is cool

Sunday, April 09, 2006 5:44 AM
Been here before, will be here again,

On a 2 door Coupe, from 95-99 and probably from 2000-2004, The connector on the factory switch is as Follows

A LH FRONT Motor (A terminal) BRN Wire
B RH FRONT Motor (B Terminal) Tan Wire
C -
D Interior DImming GRY Wire
E LH FRONT MOTOR (B TERMINAL) DK BLU
F RH FRONT MOTOR (B TERMINAL) LT BLU
G GRND BLK
H HOT-IN-RUN Window Circuit Breaker, BRN WIRE (25AMP)

If you have a mulimeter, you should be able to verify this
Sunday, April 09, 2006 5:52 AM
Sorry, F should be RH FRONT MOTOR, (A TERMINAL) LT Blu
Sunday, April 09, 2006 11:53 AM
Steven Holliday wrote:Came with manual windows. I think I'm gonna end up breaking down & getting a SPAL kit. Was trying to salvage this kit I have now but I think I'm gonna upgrade... Bubba, if & when I get a SPAL kit can you help me with the wiring?

dont get the spal kit. omfg i hate it. i think ur better off going with oem power windows. check them out on ebay they are about 150 for 2motors 2 regulators.

chassis

this could help

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, April 09, 2006 4:32 PM
When you get the kit ill help you with your questions its really easy to install i had it for about 2 yrs and still havent had any problems as of yet. and my motors arent as loud as some people say they sound like the stock window motors. Just send me a PM whenever your rdy
Friday, April 14, 2006 8:45 PM
Thanks guys. I'm a little short on cash right now so I won't be doing ANYTHING for the moment. When I decide what I'm gonna do I'll dig this post back up....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search