Using a 92 Sunbird Hub Adapter on 3rd gen? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Using a 92 Sunbird Hub Adapter on 3rd gen?
Saturday, March 25, 2006 3:02 PM
Is anyone using a 92ish Sunbird(2nd Gen J) Hub Adapter w/ no airbag with their aftermarket racing wheel in their 3rd Gen cav or fire? A buddy of mine works at Advanced Auto and i went in there to just get a price on a wheel they had out and he said i would need a certain hub adapter but i asked him to also look at a 92 sunbird hub w/ no airbag,so he went back and looked for the right hub and he noticed they looked almost identical.. for the two but the one for the 3gen was almost 100 bucks. I didnt see it to see if it was a MOMO hub so i dunno for sure but has anyone tried this? The 2nd gen bird hub only costs like 25 bucks.. Also a guy in the club i was in also said something about this a while back so thats where i got the idea to ask. Has anyone used one of these yet?

Jason not to put ya outta sales on the momo hub. APlusPerformance.com rocks

Re: Using a 92 Sunbird Hub Adapter on 3rd gen?
Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:52 PM
92 hub will fit. If it's a grant kit, it only has five holes, and will not fit a sparco or momo wheel, but there adapters on ebay for that. if you want a Grant or APC wheel, tht hub will owrk fine. Grant part number 3196, MOMO part number 2401. By the way, not even the MOMO hub is meant for airbag equipped cars. I want to swap so bad, but don't want to piss off the insurance company if something ever happened. seems they won't pay for damages if the airbag isn't present. Go figure!

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N
Sunday, March 26, 2006 3:41 AM
So that hub wont work with the Bride 6hole? damnit

Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:23 AM
No, not directly, but you can find adapters on ebay.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:25 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention there are adapters for grant hub to momo in the previous post

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search