material for upholstering interier - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
material for upholstering interier
Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:19 PM
im wanting to recover the back deck, door panels (arm rests), and head liner witha new fabric. i've done the back deck with some vinyl but it muffles the sound like crazy so im thinkin i wanna change it to help the speakers breath. i bought some felt today, but im not sure if that would hold up very well.

what material do you guys use, or suggest when redoing these interior pieces. im lookin at black, mainly cuz it matched everythin...any help is appreciated

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Re: material for upholstering interier
Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:32 PM
wrong forum but...
i'd use

imo

other than that, idk, tweed??

-Seth

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:44 PM
damn it., how'd i do that...can a mod move this please, sry

i dont want to paint it, its not in the best of shape if u know what i mean
n i want something to look good, but also hold up with the everyday use

Saturday, March 25, 2006 10:35 PM
tweed!!!

Sunday, March 26, 2006 10:47 AM
tweed? how come everyone likes that stuff?? i looked it up on the search n i dont really like the way it looks. its like carpet right?

Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:40 AM
no. its alot different. and it looks mad crazy in cars. if i could afford it i would buy some and do alot of the stuff in my interior

Sunday, March 26, 2006 12:26 PM
afford? how expensive is it? so you dont reckon they'd have it at a regular fabric store?

Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:13 PM
im using black vinyl

Sunday, March 26, 2006 3:29 PM
they will probably have it at a regular fabric store. but theres some sites i was lookin at that Eazy posted in some other thread and the tweed was pretty pricy in my opinion. if i could offord it tho. it would be worth the price in the long run.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 5:03 PM
Go to Jo-Anns, they have a ton of material

Sunday, March 26, 2006 5:43 PM
The reason the vinyl is muffing the sound is that you've essentially covered up the speakers. Sound can pass through the fabric covering the rear deck. It's got holes through the board to let the sound through. If you covered the whole thing with vinyl, of course it's going to be muffled.

I recommend you keep the vinyl and get a pair of 6x9 speaker grills. Cut holes in the vinyl over the speakers and put in the grills.

Monday, March 27, 2006 9:10 AM
you can give suede a try but its not cheap. most places will want $80-100. a yard

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, March 27, 2006 10:44 AM
Wojo wrote:they will probably have it at a regular fabric store. but theres some sites i was lookin at that Eazy posted in some other thread and the tweed was pretty pricy in my opinion. if i could offord it tho. it would be worth the price in the long run.

if you consider $13 a yard expensive, then you should be modifying plastic model cars. i covered my dash top, rear deck, and arm rests with material to spare for a whopping $35 after shipping. i dont consider that expensive by any means

Monday, March 27, 2006 12:30 PM
i covered my arm rest in leather, only cost was for someone to do it for me, got the leather free
Monday, March 27, 2006 12:51 PM
Jo-Anns sells nice vinyl for 15/yd. You get a monster piece too, cuz its not a square yard, its a linear yard, but with the width of the roll

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:22 AM
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:Jo-Anns sells nice vinyl for 15/yd. You get a monster piece too, cuz its not a square yard, its a linear yard, but with the width of the roll

usually 36 " x 54" i think is the standard size of a yard.

and i agree with easy if you think 15$ ayard is expensive your in the wrong hobby.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search