Dash Part numbers anyone? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dash Part numbers anyone?
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:53 AM
i need to purchase a new dash for my 2002 cavalier and i cant find the part number anywhere, i found a number on the underside of the dash but in gmpartsdirect.com it says the part number didn't exist

if this site works the numbers i need are 1 and 11
[URL=]GM Parts Direct Diagram[/URL]

if anyone can help..... thank you .

Re: Dash Part numbers anyone?
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:05 AM
I'm not sure of the numbers but the prices are gonna rip you a new one.
I got quoted over 500$ for the top dash for my sunfire.

-Seth

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:36 AM
Your best bets are the classifieds, a Junk yard, or eBay.

I have those two things for sale right now, but someone else already said they were going to send me some $$$ for them. If I dont get anything from them, let me know if you would like to pick them up. Prices and what not are in my registry (click on the link in my sig).

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 12:26 PM
you know what sucks hella bad is number 1 on tha diagram cracked in half on my cavalier about a month ago. I was so pissed off, and I know that you should always keep your dash armor-alled so it doesnt crack, and I have religiously kept that damn thing clean yet still cracked. I got a quote from chevy for that top dash piece close to the window. Parts and labor was around $700.. ouch.. I think I may be better off covering it in carbon fiber to match my hood or something i dunno

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:44 PM
#11 is 22698064, $85 or so shipped from gmpartsdirect.com

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:25 PM
thanks everyone for the info!!!!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:26 PM
i have a dash pad i will sell you... email me with an offer

Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:42 AM
Shifted wrote:#11 is 22698064, $85 or so shipped from gmpartsdirect.com
What about part number 6, for a 2000+ model, in gray?

I have every reason to believe it will bolt into my '99.

-----
Subwoofer Tools
Wednesday, November 22, 2006 7:55 AM
bump

-----
Subwoofer Tools
Wednesday, November 22, 2006 8:21 AM
Weisinator wrote:
Shifted wrote:#11 is 22698064, $85 or so shipped from gmpartsdirect.com
What about part number 6, for a 2000+ model, in gray?

I have every reason to believe it will bolt into my '99.

Actually it won't, the radio and hvac are swapped in the 2k+. If swapping that doesn't bother you then you will need #11, a new cluster (2k+ are different shape than 99-), rewire the car to work with the 2k+ cluster/bcm/pcm, etc.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 6:55 PM
Matt Fuhrman *SacNiNESiXTEEN* wrote:you know what sucks hella bad is number 1 on tha diagram cracked in half on my cavalier about a month ago. I was so pissed off, and I know that you should always keep your dash armor-alled so it doesnt crack, and I have religiously kept that damn thing clean yet still cracked. I got a quote from chevy for that top dash piece close to the window. Parts and labor was around $700.. ouch.. I think I may be better off covering it in carbon fiber to match my hood or something i dunno

Just buy the part and put it in your self. Its not hard to do, justs takes a little while to take off everything.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 9:15 PM
Matt Fuhrman *SacNiNESiXTEEN* wrote:you know what sucks hella bad is number 1 on tha diagram cracked in half on my cavalier about a month ago. I was so pissed off, and I know that you should always keep your dash armor-alled so it doesnt crack, and I have religiously kept that damn thing clean yet still cracked. I got a quote from chevy for that top dash piece close to the window. Parts and labor was around $700.. ouch.. I think I may be better off covering it in carbon fiber to match my hood or something i dunno

armor-all won't help on that part of the dash to keep it from cracking since its hard plastic. And the piece by the windshield is part of the whole dash not just a trim or filler piece, i bought a wrecked 98 cvalier and thought i'd just have to swap that piece but it is the whole dash that needs to be changed. it's not to hard to do and cheap if you can get a good dash from a junkyard.
Monday, November 27, 2006 7:11 PM
Quote:

you know what sucks hella bad is number 1 on tha diagram cracked in half on my cavalier about a month ago. I was so pissed off, and I know that you should always keep your dash armor-alled so it doesnt crack, and I have religiously kept that damn thing clean yet still cracked. I got a quote from chevy for that top dash piece close to the window. Parts and labor was around $700.. ouch.. I think I may be better off covering it in carbon fiber to match my hood or something i dunno

kinda the opposite of the post but, if the dash is not cracked yet. remove the dash pad, there will be a 7mm brass bolt right where they crack. just loosen it off a bit. it takes the pressure off that part of the dash.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search