Seat Belt. - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Seat Belt.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:45 AM
The Passenger Side seat belt in my car as been locking on and off for some time, Now it's fully locked, So you can't pull it out,
Is there a special trick to get the seatbelt clutch thingy out of the car? So I can go to the wreckers and get another one.

Is there any special Tools needed? Or once I get the side panel will it just unbolt. I've looked at it and it seems to be on some kind of track.. But I did not look to close.

Any help would be awesome cause I would not mind having a working seat belt.

01 Cavy 2dr.

Thanks Team.

Re: Seat Belt.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:06 PM
Feed it all the way back in and it should unlock. If not... well then it's busted.

When you pull the passenger side belt all the way out, a ratcheting mechanism kicks in which locks it as it goes back. This is so you can secure a child seat there without the belt staying slack.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:21 PM
yah it's busted it's stuck on full retract, It needs to be replaced.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:49 PM
Well as far as removal goes, I think you just need a bit torx bit.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:51 PM
Grate, Now I get to go out the Boon-docks and rip a seat belt out of some car that A racoon as been calling home for the last 4 months.

Joy,
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:53 PM
Quote:

Grate, Now I get to go out the Boon-docks and rip a seat belt out of some car that A racoon as been calling home for the last 4 months.

try to find a car that has been in a "minor" crash, just enough to write it off, or one hit in the drivers side. after a serious crash seat belts should not be reused because they may or may not be damaged from the crash. risking death or serious injury if involved in a second crash.

just a suggestion.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:58 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Well as far as removal goes, I think you just need a bit torx bit.

Yea you do. I guess its size 47, but 45 works. I picked one up the other day, but haven't been able to get my off yet. That bastard is on tight.

Wide Body Progress

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:37 AM
SUPERFASSSSTZ, T.Ocav soon wrote:
Quote:

try to find a car that has been in a "minor" crash, just enough to write it off, or one hit in the drivers side. after a serious crash seat belts should not be reused because they may or may not be damaged from the crash. risking death or serious injury if involved in a second crash.

just a suggestion.

Yha That's What I was thinking, I was hoping to find a car that was rear ened or t-boned on the drivers side..
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:53 AM
SliMMaTiC (Tom Sylvester) wrote:
Wild Weasel wrote:Well as far as removal goes, I think you just need a bit torx bit.

Yea you do. I guess its size 47, but 45 works. I picked one up the other day, but haven't been able to get my off yet. That bastard is on tight.

12 inch pipe extension worked fine for me Booger is on there at like 70 lb/ft I think. Get a pipe and it'll be off in a flash.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:12 AM
isnt the belt mechanism attached to the body of the car with rivets? i know the piece by the floor and the piece up high is on with the torx, but i thought the actual mounting point of the mechanism and belt is like riveted or punched onto the metal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, March 16, 2006 1:35 PM
Quote:

isnt the belt mechanism attached to the body of the car with rivets? i know the piece by the floor and the piece up high is on with the torx, but i thought the actual mounting point of the mechanism and belt is like riveted or punched onto the metal.

its all bolts, there are 2 rivits that hold a bracket over the belt mechanism.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search