paint - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
paint
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:45 AM
ok i have started to sand my interior i need to know if i can get some good paint to use from auto zone and a good clear caot cause i am kinda money broke to buy the good stuff just me know what kind of paint to get

Re: paint
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:54 AM
krylon fusion its made for plastic's

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:50 AM
hey just check out this post. if you would of looked before you posted there was already a thread about painting the interior.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=45&i=70341&t=70341

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:22 AM
if you look a couple posts down you will see an interior how to. but most people use krylon fusion for there interior.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:33 AM
i would use krylon but the dont make silver and they stoped making the clear coat for the stuff

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:15 PM
Colors

yea i didnt see a silver but maybe there is something else you could use

thats a list of the colors i found

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:52 PM
automotive paint, but then you would need a spray gun

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:46 PM
yes the fusion paint would be the best, but like he said, they don't have the color that he wants, so what about putting quite a few coats of the fusion down, the wet sanding that a little bit, then put on some coats of the color that he wants, then clear?
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:11 PM
trav96cav wrote:yes the fusion paint would be the best, but like he said, they don't have the color that he wants, so what about putting quite a few coats of the fusion down, the wet sanding that a little bit, then put on some coats of the color that he wants, then clear?

Do you mean the color he wants as in a different type of paint (ie not fusion)? If so, I do not see what the difference would be between applying the fusion first or not. I got amazing results using Dupli-Color, So I'd suggest seein if they have the color if Kyrlon doesn't have it. I think as far as interior goes... its all in the prep work and sanding. I spent lots of time on my interior, and it is commin out awesome. Good luck.

Wide Body Progress

Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:01 AM
so the Dupli-Color paint is sticking really well for you?
Thursday, March 16, 2006 2:48 PM
Dupli-Color i just used it last night and i could not be more happy wit that @!#$

Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:48 PM
trav96cav wrote:so the Dupli-Color paint is sticking really well for you?

Yea. As long as you prerp and clean it well you should not have any problems.

Crhis... post up some pics!

Wide Body Progress

Thursday, March 16, 2006 7:42 PM
i will when i get it all done is that cool

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search