Airbag light removal - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Airbag light removal
Monday, March 13, 2006 6:09 AM
Does any one have any suggestions for how to remove the airbag light from the cluster? I got a sparco wheel and that little red light is annoying the crap out of me. I know that I can't remove the needles on the cluster so how should I remove the little light? Thanks a lot for any help.

Re: Airbag light removal
Monday, March 13, 2006 6:29 AM
you need an airbag simulator

Monday, March 13, 2006 6:33 AM
take the fuse out........ the air bag fuse..... thats what i did.... i dont have any airbags in my car though so...

"Boost tuning"....... have you had your 8 PSI today?

future name of the winter shop!!!
Monday, March 13, 2006 6:35 AM
Eazy Ent. ( 716 ) wrote:you need an airbag simulator

What's that and where do I obtain one?

Monday, March 13, 2006 7:18 AM
i'm sure about the 03+ cavi's but on mine i just put a piece of electrical tape on the back cover. this allows the light to still be on, but you dont see it. out of sight, out of mind

AIM & Y!: COGcaviZ24
Monday, March 13, 2006 7:51 AM
COGcaviZ24 a.k.a. Andy Lee wrote:i'm sure about the 03+ cavi's but on mine i just put a piece of electrical tape on the back cover. this allows the light to still be on, but you dont see it. out of sight, out of mind

thats exactly what i was gonna recommend

Monday, March 13, 2006 8:47 AM
^^^tru. im not sure how your state is, but here in NY they can fail your inspection if you have more than 1 light on, or i believe 1/2 codes and a light. ive had my light on for about a year and a half, but i plan to buy asimulator soon. its only like $30 or so

Monday, March 13, 2006 9:11 AM
EAZY where can you get them?

Monday, March 13, 2006 9:33 AM
i think i have the site bookmarked at home. lemme see what i can find

Monday, March 13, 2006 9:36 AM
Monday, March 13, 2006 10:31 AM
Stupid question here....

I'll need the passenger and driver if I have NO airbags right? Just asking since I've never seen one of these before and want to make sure the light actually goes off when I hook this up!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:41 AM
So eazy connecting this will make the system think that it has an air bag? Kindof like when you do the DRL disable it thinks that the head lights are on? If so I might have to pick one of these up asap.

Monday, March 13, 2006 11:11 AM
^^^yup. it sends a charged signal to it, making the computer think its receiving the airbag signal, and @!#$s the light off.

im pretty sure you only need on of these to turn the light off since both airbags are on the same circuit, and send the same charge thru one signal.

Monday, March 13, 2006 3:01 PM
take the cluster out and poke out the little light

Monday, March 13, 2006 4:50 PM
TurboEcotec5spdSwap wrote:take the cluster out and poke out the little light

thats what I did, easy as hell, and cheap too

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, March 13, 2006 5:12 PM
i just removed my cluster took it apart and used needlenosed pliers and ripped the light off the board lol seriously
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:01 AM
I was doing some more research on it and i found out that if your air bag light is on, then neither airbag works. So I'm going with the air bag simulator so I know that my passenger bag will work ina serious wreak because that's the last thing I need is my wife getting in a serious wreak with me and getting injured. But thanks for all the suggestions.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:04 AM
^^^^i dont think it will work either way. if one dosent work, the other dosent work. as far as i know. all the airbag sim does is turn the light off. thats it

\

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:23 PM
removing the bulb or putting some electrical tape over the airbag emblem on the back of the face is free, why buy a sim lol
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:26 PM
When the air bag light is on, both airbags aren't working. So if you want your passenger to be safe a sim would be a good idea. If there's no problems with the airbags system, the passenger one SHOULD be working!!!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:22 PM
^^that would be awesome, but i would get that in writing from the company before i assumed that

that would be a double bonus if that really works!!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:59 PM
Ozzie(aka LED KING) wrote:
COGcaviZ24 a.k.a. Andy Lee wrote:i'm sure about the 03+ cavi's but on mine i just put a piece of electrical tape on the back cover. this allows the light to still be on, but you dont see it. out of sight, out of mind

thats exactly what i was gonna recommend

Wide Body Progress

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search