It is time... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
It is time...
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:33 PM
Hey guys, just want to say sup, and say thanks to raptor for the sticky, helped me sort out alot of stuff. Except this one: My interior design.

Ok heres the problem, I kow a guy whos willing to do my whole interior for around a grand, this includes fiberglassing, the floor carpetting, and the roof carpeting as well> Basically everything in the car is gong to be changed. Heres the deal, Ive got a 1997 chevrolet cavalier (2 door ofcourse) and ive got a nice blitz style front, along with a buddy clup rear, and some other sideskirts that i dont know the name of (LOL, it looks good, so what). Well ive got the whole car painted in candy apple red, along with a carbon fiber hood, tinted windows, 35 percent, and also gloss black rims. heres the link for it:

http://gravanatuning.com/applications/1997_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Coupe_2.2.aspx/3/899/_Wheels_Motegi_Racing_DP1_Wheel_Package_4_Wheels

so basically my car flows really good with the red and black. Anyone have any idea on how i should do my interior (i know this is my choice, but id like to get some ideas) so what do people think, what color interiror, and should and mix n match the interior, pls give ur opinions, the car is right now in the body shop, they are doing all the work for me on the painting. and after that ill go for my interior. The input id greatly appreciated. Also what should i do about the tail lights and headlights?

Re: It is time...
Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:49 AM
Anyone?
Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:48 AM
pics of the car would be helpful
Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:52 AM
Sorry guys, cant get any pics of it at the moment for 2 reasons, i dont have a digi cam or anything of that sort, yea im not too fond of them, i have no need, ill try to get some pics asap. but also its in the shop right now, so the pics will also need to wait a while. But basically its a carbon fiber hood, with candy apple red (the showcar quality one) with the rims i specified above, as of now the interior is stock, and im thinking of changing it. Im also ordering a couple of racing seats, if i can ill ask the guy who sells it to me to include some pics, to show you how it looks but any help or suggestions right now would greatly help me decide.

thanks in advance again
Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:55 AM
Well, if you are making the car red, and going for black chrome rims. i'd say try to keep the interior about the same scheme. Panels and what not red, try to black out the dash, carpet, headliner, etc. Maybe replace some of the stock lights with red LED's, maybe do a Sunfire cluster swap so you'd have the red gauge cluster to go with the car. Maybe go for some red/black racing seats.
Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:26 AM
Hmmm what someone suggested for me in the beginning was an all black interior scheme. This idea was appealing to me, as it gives the interior a nice sleek and sharp look. Personally im not into that vibrant orange or green interiors, sure for showcars they may be nice, but this is gonna be my car that im gonna use alot, i dont want someting thatll show alot of dirt and be a piss of to clean either. SO with alll that in mind i was thinking of black. The guy who is doing my interior told me that he will do my interior in 2 steps. First is that hell replace all the carpeting and cloth materials with something of my choosing, most likely just cloth like material, except in black, second he said that every thing plastic or vinyl in the car hell take it off and dye it for me. This will be topped off with the following:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMMEVO35BK1P

http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMPSAIR

http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMAUTOBK1

So yea you get the idea, and as well will come with some leather racing seats, that im getting on a good deal.

The pricing of this whole interior job is going to cost me nearly 1700 this includes all the work mentioned above including the steering wheel, shift knob, and e brake. Excluding the racing seats though, i still didnt find out about that one
Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:28 PM
I see you just joined.
From my own experience, I would wait a couple months til you do anything to your interior, less your exterior, and pay that much for it, unless you have been thinking about this for a couple months, which it seems you haven't.
When i first joined and thought about my interior I wanted to paint everything red and black and silver and be uber cool -lol.
After seeing so many peoples interior i have decided that those colors wouldn't look good at all in my car.
I say do all black but then again, i haven't seen ur car and i don't know what you like.

Also, I wouldn't pay $1000 to have your interior done. Thats a crapload. I'd do it urself. Heck, you could drive here, have me do it all and it'd still cost less than $1000
Carpet is about $100 from a+.
Headliner can be done many different ways - i did mine in black for about $20.
Anything that you want fiberglassed can be fiberglassed, sanded smooth, or filler primered and it won't cost $1000.
I've been doing mine and one back panel has cost me maybe $30. That may seem expensive to some but I've been learning so sometimes i have stuff not turn out right.
I'm not trying to rag on you or anything. I'd just think some more before doing this stuff.
If you need help on doing this stuff urself, IM or email me.

-Seth

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:44 PM
thx for the reply wizkid, yea ur right, i havent been thinking about it alot, but i did decide to buy my cavalier so i can do some mdos to it. Well as i said, i have a nice body kit going on there, and a carbon fiber, hood, with a wing, z3 fender, and anice candy apple red color. Ill get all that done by a professional. And as far as it goes about fiberglass, im not too fond of that stuff. I mean it looks cool and all, but i mean some cars with fiberglass look ugly to me, id rather have sude like cloth on top, a nice carpeting, trunk liner, and the dashboard dyed. Heck if i had the time id do it myself, its pretty hard though balancing my school life, my job, and all the other stuff that goes on every day. But i will try to do alot of the performance upgrade myself, i am more than competent in that. but as far as working with material, and doing all that work on the interior, i am still a noobie and yet to have tried anything.

Your replies have helped alot, im not yet going to send out my car to the shop, i still need to collect enough money to do some more work. But hopefully ill get some stock pics of the car for some to see soon. And then maybe some people can make some more suggestion.
Saturday, February 18, 2006 10:32 AM
The outside being red with the cf hood and black wheels will look good.. but it will all come together much better if your interior is all black. But that's just my opinion. I've seen VERY few two-toned interiors that look good. Personally, I think an all black interior is far more sleek than two or three colours. But again.. that's just my opinion.

My Car Domain Page

Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:28 PM
Cool thats what i was leaning towards as well... The guy whos doing my interior said he can just order some carpet for the bottom and just dye the ceiling panels, and the trunk space as well. I might just ask him to put whole new carpeting on it, as im not too fond of just dyeing. Ill talk to the guy im dealing with and hopefully get a picture of my stock car up soon, so everyone can see the before, and later on the after....
Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:34 PM
actually to me for a professional shop to redo an interior completly i would expect way more then a 1000$ price tag. i spent over 1000$ just having my seats restiched. even if i was to do an interior myself for someone i know i couldnt afford to do it for under a grand without losing money. unless im just doing a hack job for someone.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Saturday, February 18, 2006 7:36 PM
no actually all hes doing for me is the dash, all plastic in the car, hes going to dye. All the floor, roof, and trunk carpeting replaces. the back seats are left untouched for now, as i already have a cover for now, and the front seats im giving him 2 racing seats to put on, so yea, not a bad price again, and the only reason he giving me a good deal is im very frequent to his shop, and have had dealign with him before
Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:05 AM
well again even for that, if he's fiberglassing the dash, that is a cheap price.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search