Replace blinker and wiper controls - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replace blinker and wiper controls
Monday, October 03, 2005 12:12 PM
Hi,

My blinker and wiper controls (either side of the steering column) are scratched and the white OEM lettering/markers are heavily faded in some places. I'd like to replace them to get a "newer" look. Anyway know if I can easily replace them or what's involved?

Did a search, some people are painting them completely over, but I'd like to replace. Haven't seen it mentioned.

Thanks

Re: Replace blinker and wiper controls
Monday, October 03, 2005 12:16 PM
You just have to obtain new ones from either the dealer or junkyard, eBay, etc.

Then it's a simple matter of pulling the 3 screws under the steering column and unscrewing the tilt lever (you may have to pull hard)

Then you should have 2 or 3 screws per unit and maybe a simple wiring harness to snap in.

Shouldn't take too long, and yeah don't paint that stuff - why the Hell would anyone do that?

Steve
Monday, October 03, 2005 5:06 PM
kewl. i was gonna put the wiper arm with delays on my a while ago and this just reminded me again. thanks!

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 1:43 PM
Thanks! After my crack in the upper dash" problem on my Cavalier, it's nice to hear a relatively simple solution to the problem. I was afraid I needed to replace the whole steering column or something..

Thanks again.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 6:10 PM
yup 30min job if you lose a screw 15 if you dont

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search