need some ideas ppl please help asap!!! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need some ideas ppl please help asap!!!
Monday, October 03, 2005 3:47 PM
i was thinkin of using foam selaant to fill the gaps then sand paint, but im not sure any ideas?

heres why it was relocated!

open to all suggestions and thanks in advance!

Re: need some ideas ppl please help asap!!!
Monday, October 03, 2005 5:15 PM
anyone? i askin on how to fill the gao around radio???

Monday, October 03, 2005 7:43 PM
anyone????????

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:00 PM
heres an idea....
i dont think you should "join" the two pieces, but
instead, take the metal trim ring that the radio slides in, have it positioned where you specifically want it, take the center console out, recess it in that, use some F/B, bondo it, sand it prime it, and paint it, since the thing is already painted.
The foam might not be too great of an idea only since the radio WILL get hot, and you dont want the thing to overheat, and have to get a new one.... plus what would you use to cover the foam?
either way, remember that the radio will get pretty hot ......

The monitor, it's not a slide out, is it?

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Monday, October 03, 2005 9:13 PM
no its not a slide out it a monitor thats justgettin mount flush with dash and i wil look into that tomarrow when i get home from skewl and work thank you man!

any other suggestions?

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:20 PM
heres another one.......... what if you put in your console, more specifaclly inside the armrest thingy, maybe add an 1/2 DIN EQ, to fill up some of the excess gap, that would be something new and diffrent... and "hidden"

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:10 AM
for the ash tray area with the cd deck...i suggest this:

Make a fiberglass mold of the ash tray area...just use one piece of cloth to cover the whole area, use a paint brush and brush the resin. Before it fully hardens take an exacto knife and cut around the edges (saves alot of time instead of sanding it all down). Once it has hardened the fiberglass will pop off the plastic ash tray giving you a perfect mold.

Do a mock up of the size of the cd deck out of cardboard (a bit bigger than the cd deck, so the deck can slide in easily). Then fiberglass the gaps and openings.

I know you said you were going to tackle the job, glad to see you started to now

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:27 AM
ok so i i just lay resin over the whole thing i can make a mold that way??? i want to finsih this and yes im glad i finally did this project but what a pita both pieces if the console had to be chopped a hell of alot to get it to fit and right now the headunit is just resting in there because i have not figured out how to mount it yet! please any more replies keep em coming and i will post updates when i get them!, lol

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:55 AM
ok guys seeing how the cupholder cant be used now anyways im gonna shave it and the light anyone have any ideas what i could put where the cup holder is now though? i think it may look wierd if if just flat and all......

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 2:46 PM
maybe a volt gauge, or one of those APEX-i control modules, (not specificaly) but sothining like that???

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 4:58 PM
well i put my volt gauge in there and i plaeyd with it a bunch and it wouldn't look bad but its hard to see from the drivers seat the shifter gets in the way! but yeah i guess i will figure something out but any other ideas, i was also considering a switch panel idea to replace the one i remove to put the new headunit it.......

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:50 PM
the gauge you could always face it towards you, or the rear... doesnt necesarilky hav to be pointing upwards....
but there you go....... go with a switch panel, just be creative.... i have faith in you

head unit relocate progress!!!
Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:19 AM
hey buzz, well i was playing with the idea of mounting the gauge on a angle facing the driver but i couldnot see it in the upp gears, 1;3;5 do im not sure what im gonna do, i also have three toggle switches that now need a home so maybe i will put them there and by the way the cupholder area is not gonna look like it use to be there either...

looks like the peice will possibly be wrapped in carbon fiber as well as my dash piece where monitor will be located!

i will contiue to post updated pics and all for everyone to check out as i work down through the proccess

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search