Interior Suggestions and white sunfire pics - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Interior Suggestions and white sunfire pics
Sunday, October 02, 2005 4:15 AM
Hey,

I am working on redoing my interior and since idk how to fiberglass, i am going to try doing it with just spray paint, prolly krylon fusion and dupli-color. I am in the process of trying to figure what i want the colors to be. I am painting every single piece so i don't have the tan. I have a white car and so I am looking for suggestions on what paint scheme to go with. Also, if you have a white car and a painted interior, let me know what u did and put a couple pics on. My originaly idea was flat black with red and silver accents but im now thinking of white with silver accents. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx
-Seth

Re: Interior Suggestions and white sunfire pics
Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:56 AM
im not to sure on what colors you should go with but sure as hell dont paint you inter with spray paint! i had mine done 2 times and it lokked bad. if i was you i would either fiberglass it or sand all youpieces down so they are smooth then actully get some really urathan paint then spray it
Monday, October 03, 2005 6:56 AM
Anybody else....???

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:38 AM
First off, dont get discouraged by all the spraypaint haters, because I have been searching around and IMing random people (thank you all for being friendly as you were) and have seen tons of pics of very well done krylon'd interiors.

Some things to think about:

Are you ever going to get your car re-painted with a possibly more custom color?

What other acessories are you going to put in (racing seats, pedals, shift knob/boot, etc.) ? If so, what color do you think you'd like them to be?

Id go with either white/black and one color. Once you start using three colors its very easy for it to get messy and have the colors look un-uniformed and like they were just sprayed anywhere.

So overall, Id stick with 2 colors and one of them should be white/black. Then id go with one color whether it be (red, blue, green, copper, anything u want) and have it match your seats and everything else. This way your interior will look more organized and planned, with much better results.

Excuse me for rambling, interior happens to be one of the things I have been researching a ton on. Have seen lots of fiberglassing (JForce1 did an amazing job) and for some that may be the look they are going for, but personally i like the spraypaint for now.

Monday, October 03, 2005 6:59 PM
check out rsmracing.com. depending on if u go with silver or white, they have different backgrounds for your sunroof and a/c area. it would definately help u, i think on weither u do white or silver.

^ my cavy of course.
Monday, October 03, 2005 7:11 PM
02 redbadged wrote:check out rsmracing.com.

^ sorry, wrong site................. highrevmotorsports.com

peace.

^ my cavy of course.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:20 AM
krylon paint isn't a bad thing to use, it's just how well you can prep your parts, and spray on even coats.

here is what my interior used to look like.

I chose spray paint b/c i change my ideas & designs pretty often, so I didn't see it practicle for me to get it done from a shop. (don't have the tools to do it at home).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search