Speedomitor Upgrade???? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Speedomitor Upgrade????
Friday, September 30, 2005 6:56 PM
hey im looking to install a upgraded speedomitor for my cavalier z24 so it goes over the lame 110 mark that it easily goes past. does anyone know where to go to get these and how to install them reading the right mph?

Re: Speedomitor Upgrade????
Friday, September 30, 2005 7:11 PM
how'd you make it go past 108 and still have a functioning speedometer??

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, September 30, 2005 7:22 PM
there is a rev limiter there is no way you can go that fast. oh if you want the rev limiter removed you better have all your mods on hand and be able to to do over 108 in a 1/4 mile, if not get on your flame suit on.

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Friday, September 30, 2005 7:42 PM
Well if you want gauges that go to a higher MPH the only place I know of that will do what you want is: Black Cat Customs

Basically what they do is take the canadian gauges and convert them to MPH. Trust me this is a lot more difficult than just stated. Also be prepared to shovel out some cash this is not a cheap modification. In addition it does not give you a new limit of 140 MPH all it does is show your gauges up to 140 MPH, the car is still limited to 110. As stated with out the proper brakes, tires, suspension, aerodynamics, bla bla bla modifications performed on your car I would not recommend going faster than 110. The faster you go the lighter your car appears to be and therefore the more dangerous it is to drive the car, if it is not designed for these speeds I do not recomend you attempting them.

But for an idea of what you can do:

I have 3 sets of gauges from this company and they are awesome. I love the quality and the way they look. I went custom with mine and I could not be happier. Good luck with your mod and enjoy.

Defined Parts
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search