Interior Painting - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Interior Painting
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:57 AM
I was wondering if instead of fiberglassing everything, if i could just hit the pieces with some high build primer and then sand it down. will this hold and will it be enough to take out the pattern thats in the plastic?

Re: Interior Painting
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:36 AM
read up on some other posts.....

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:00 AM
any links
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:44 AM
just search.

it takes a good amount of sanding to get a smooth fiberglass like look. then for paint most people either use automotive paint or kyrlon fusion.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:31 PM
I sanded everything in my interior that I didnt want to change, the only things I glassed was the stuff that I wanted shaped different or was covered in vinyl. Used high build primer and then hit it with Dupont basecoat and clearcoat.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:20 AM
^^^ I did the same thing....filler/primer on everything that didn't have vinyl, glassed all of that. Came out pretty good too for my first time. I'll have some pics up once I get everything cleaned up inside this weekend. Finger prints everywhere!!!!

Just remember to sand, sand, sand and sand some more!! Use a block on the larger pieces to keep a smooth surface and hand sand all the smaller parts. An air sander is best and will speed up the process but don't rely on it or you'll sand right through the primer/filler and have to prime/fill again!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Friday, September 30, 2005 7:45 AM
did u sand the plastic before hitting it with the filler/primer
Saturday, October 01, 2005 2:55 AM
I didn't sand the design away before primer/filler, more like I "scuffed up" the plastic to get a better bond. Used 400 grit to scuff it up and then plastic primer, then primer/filler. Sanded it down, 320/400 and hit it again in the low spots or where I needed to fill again after sanding. Sanded again with 400 and then 800 wet sand, then finally 1200 wet sand.

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Monday, October 03, 2005 8:06 AM
thanx a lot look like i have a project for winter
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search