gauge clusters - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gauge clusters
Monday, September 12, 2005 11:15 AM
Okay, i have a quick question, can i install a different gauge cluster from like a 04 or so into my 99 without having to cut wires or anything?

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!

Re: gauge clusters
Monday, September 12, 2005 12:05 PM
nope they are different setups

Monday, September 12, 2005 12:24 PM
actually i thought you could but you wouldnt retain your lieage thought it was a simple plug and play

Look Im Premium Now Give Me More Post....
Monday, September 12, 2005 12:31 PM
actually i thought you could but you wouldnt retain your mileage thought it was a simple plug and play

Look Im Premium Now Give Me More Post....
Monday, September 12, 2005 1:29 PM
some of them are interchangeable and do keep the milage since its not stored directly in the cluster. i think its covered in the faq which ones can be swapped

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:16 AM
you have a 99 so your screwed in this department. you mileage is stored in the cluster itself. plus i believe the 00+ have a different connector too. so you would have to cut some wires and rewire it.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:27 AM
From my post i understand for 2000 plus Cavs and Sunfires they are interchange able just plug and play.

95-99 if you have a 99 with a digital dash. You will; have to find a sunfire GT with a digital dash. Also the mileage is as they said above it is stored in the dash. If you do this swap the connectors are not the same, so you will have to splice into the Sunfire connector. From what i understand you can get a dealer to reprogram the cluster.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search