HVAC panel... to gauge panel idea - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HVAC panel... to gauge panel idea
Sunday, September 11, 2005 11:22 AM
So... my a/c doesn't work anyway, and all the components are being ripped out to fit something in that general area for when the new motor is done, so here is my idea. I want to create a template same size as the HVAC panel, and mount at least 2 gauges in there. Has anyone done this or thinks it would work well? I have access to just about any materials and tools I need. Actually I know I have some sheets of dry carbon fiber laying around the shop, I think I may use that.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.

Re: HVAC panel... to gauge panel idea
Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:33 PM
it wouldn't be hard, just get a flat piece of sheet metal, cut holes the size of the gauges. Add the holes to the edges/trim them to make it fit and fasten to where the HVAC was, then hook stuff up and make it pretty.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:40 PM
that's what i was thinking. doesn't seem too difficult. and like i said, i've got some sheets of dry carbon fiber out in the garage. so i'll take it up and get a template cut out, and then get a clear coat on it.

Monday, September 12, 2005 12:47 AM
might wanna keep that hvac around for the winter when you need heat....just a thought

Monday, September 12, 2005 8:25 AM
The Other Matt wrote:might wanna keep that hvac around for the winter when you need heat....just a thought

Yea I was thinking that because my blower motor still works. How much of a pain in the ass would it be to relocate the HVAC panel to the glovebox or something and put my new gauge panel where the HVAC panel was?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search