Glow Wires on a White face Gauge Wires? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Glow Wires on a White face Gauge Wires?
Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:07 PM
I need to wire my gauges up so they come on at night time and glow. Where do i have to connect and tap into to make them come on with my headlights? The instructions i received said not to tap into the dimmer switch because it might blow the fuse or something? Just need to know if the dimmer switch will work, or where else can i connect it to, and what wires (colors) should i look for to tap into. Thanks

Re: Glow Wires on a White face Gauge Wires?
Saturday, September 10, 2005 2:21 PM
connect it to the headlight switch not the dimmer

Saturday, September 10, 2005 3:18 PM
I tapped the dimmer and havn't had a problem... dims the gauges like stock.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 3:49 PM
Where's the headlight wire connected at? Anyone got any more info on this for the power wire, and the ground wire to connect to the headlights?

Saturday, September 10, 2005 4:24 PM
well what i was saying is use the headlight switch for the power, so then they turn on when u turn your headlights on, the yea i'd use the dimmer for dimming them, i'll have to check my manual for the esact wire/wires for the power but it would be around the steering column on the left side where the headlight switch is

Sunday, September 11, 2005 7:16 PM
there's a thick brown wire in the wire bundle in the driver's kick panel... i think there's two brownish wires, it's the thicker of the two. i'm not sure which one it is in the gauge cluster, as i didn't use it. please correct me if i'm wrong, but that's what i believe you're looking for.

Friday, January 19, 2007 7:05 AM
i'm soooo bringing this back from the dead, but are the headlight wires different from 95-99 and 00-05? Or is it the same brown wire on all years of cavaliers?

Friday, January 19, 2007 8:24 AM
not positive on years, but i thought they were the same from my girls 99 to my 03.

not sure what is meant by the drivers "kick panel" but i tap mine right to the left of the column.

basically pull off the casing around the stearing wheel assembly, and you'll find a group/harness of wires going towards the light handle in the steering console. find the brown wire, and tap the power to it. ground the other and done.

hope that isnt to confusing the way i wrote it, lol

Friday, January 19, 2007 8:30 AM
no it's not just was asking if it was that brown wire in the steering wheel casing. Not sure what htey meant by kicker panel too, but this thread is really old. Thanks eazy

Friday, January 19, 2007 8:58 AM
no prob bud. lemme know how it works out for you

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search