Dis-assembling console - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dis-assembling console
Friday, August 26, 2005 4:42 PM
Okay, just got the center console from a 1996 Cavalier, and Im taking it apart to paint it...Ive taken off the arm rest, and the 6 phillips screws (4 on underside, 2 on top under shifter panel) and it still wont come off. Its being held on on the back of teh center console, around the ashtray...how can I get this last bit off?

Re: Dis-assembling console
Friday, August 26, 2005 7:02 PM
turn it upside down. should be 4 screws there. turn it back right side up. pull the piece around the shifter/coin tray/power windows switch panel off and there's two screws under there. take the bracket for the armrest off and it should come apart. might be slightly different i don't know. just looked at my auto center console from my 99 for this.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, August 26, 2005 8:49 PM
Yeah, thats what I did...it still feels caught up on something at the back, like above the rear ash tray...

Saturday, August 27, 2005 7:50 AM
i don't have an ash tray on mine so i can't help you there. should be able to pull that off though.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search