Custom guage face - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Custom guage face
Friday, June 17, 2005 8:25 AM
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone has ever made their own custom face guages and is this a difficult process?

I tried looking for templates, etc, but I haven't found any.... any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

Kev

Re: Custom guage face
Friday, June 17, 2005 10:33 AM
Well, you are going to need quite a bit of expertise in some kind of software to make sure you get everything lined up and perfect. You will also need access to precision cutting/printing equipment and the know-how to wire it properly so it lights up right at night.

I would say that it would be a very difficult project - Speedhut is relatively inexpensive, good turnaround and can do custom stuff that's really nice. It would probably be worth it in the long run to go with them.

Not trying to discourage you - I have no idea what your skills are or what equipment you can use. I consider myself to be a pretty good graphic designer, and I DO have access to a lot of modern equipment, and I wouldn't tackle that one, but that's just because I'm waist-deep in about a hundred other things right now!

Steve

http://www.bluecavcustoms.com
Re: Custom guage face
Friday, June 17, 2005 12:27 PM
What about just an overlay?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search