Removing E-brake handle and Boot - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Removing E-brake handle and Boot
Friday, June 17, 2005 6:36 AM
Hey folks,

This is for a 2000 Cavalier Z24. I'm trying to remove my e-brake handle to see if I can fit an aftermaket one on. Not sure how to do it.. Checked out the Interior FAQ and did a quick search, but couldn't find anything.

Also, regarding the e-brake boot, I'm assuming this involves ripping out the entire center console section between the front seats.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

Re: Removing E-brake handle and Boot
Friday, June 17, 2005 8:25 AM
Once you take out the console, you'll see exactly how the boot is held in and then it's easy to remove.

As for the handle... you have to cut it off and do some custom work to put an aftermarket one on. It's not a simple task, but it can certainly be done.

Friday, June 17, 2005 10:07 AM
How easy would it be to install an e-brake handle from another J-Body? I would like to install a leather wrapped one in my mom's Sunfire.

Not trying to post jack, just didn't want to waste bandwidth, when this post has already been started.

Friday, June 17, 2005 11:47 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:How easy would it be to install an e-brake handle from another J-Body? I would like to install a leather wrapped one in my mom's Sunfire.

Not trying to post jack, just didn't want to waste bandwidth, when this post has already been started.

Simple swap. Anyone not completely retarded should be able to do it. When you take the leather one out of a car at the wrecker, you'll take the whole assembly. Then you basically just bolt it in and hook up the cable.

Pick up a Haynes or something for detailed instructions.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search